Saturday, December 31, 2005

Do these jeans make my ass look Satanic?

A punk-rock style, trendy tight fit and affordable price have made Cheap Monday jeans a hot commodity among young Swedes, but what has people talking is the brand's ungodly logo: a skull with a cross turned upside down on its forehead.

"It is an active statement against Christianity," Bjorn Atldax told The Associated Press. "I'm not a Satanist myself, but I have a great dislike for organized religion."

Atldax insists he has a purpose beyond selling denim: to make young people question Christianity, which he called a "force of evil" that had sparked wars throughout history.

This could be my long lost Swedish son. Boy is that you?

Okay I have no long lost Swedish son. But after reading this next part I might be headed there anyway.

Such a remark might incite outrage or prompt retailers to drop the brand in more religious countries.

But not in Sweden, a secular nation which cherishes its free speech and where churchgoing has been declining for decades.

See? Finally a place where people are free and non-judgemental! And I believe the women are tall and blonde. So many good things!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Of course, if you're one of those women, you might not find Sweden to be such a wonderful 'free and non-judgemental' place.

    BTW, hope you had an excellent New Year's celebration, I know I did.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.