Sunday, May 07, 2006

When the Democrats gain back the House we will finally get some answers.

Democratic leaders, increasingly confident they will seize control of the House in November, are laying plans for a legislative blitz during their first week in power that would raise the minimum wage, roll back parts of the Republican prescription drug law, implement homeland security measures and reinstate lapsed budget deficit controls.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) said in an interview last week that a Democratic House would launch a series of investigations of the Bush administration, beginning with the White House's first-term energy task force and probably including the use of intelligence in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. Pelosi denied Republican allegations that a Democratic House would move quickly to impeach President Bush. But, she said of the planned investigations, "You never know where it leads to."

My understanding is that the Republicans big plan to retain the house and the Senate is to tell their supporters that if the Dems win they will investigate and impeach Bush.

That is their strategy? That is the best they can do?

So who are these Republican supporters? Are they the type of people who want to be lied to? Are they the type of people who will not admit they made a mistake? Are they the type of person who would rather that America be destroyed then let it fall into the hands of their mortal enemies, the Democrats? Who are these people?

If it were me, and I know I don't think like them, I would want to know if I was lied to. And if I was lied to about something as serious as the reason for declaring war on another country I would want the people responsible punished. Even if it was the President that I helped to vote into office. I would be consumed with anger and demand justice. I just would.

I have no doubt that if this were my candidate in the White House right now, with all of the things that I know about that have happened during his term, I would be supporting an investigation. Look I am not just trying to make myself look more reasonable then I am. I am just somebody who hates to be lied to. I have to know that I can trust the people running my country.

So my Republican brothers and sisters, isn't it about time? Shouldn't we wipe the corruption and lies out of the White House and the Congress and get our country back on track? Surely you agree with me on that!

And here let me show that I am not playing favorites. I think that Patrick Kennedy should not seek re-election! I think he is lying and I think that he is a man with too many weaknesses to be effective in his job. So he should get the hell out of Dodge as well. I don't particularly want him to be replaced by a Republican at this point but if that were the best choice thenI would rather have that then allow Kennedy back into Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.