Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The "Holy Jihad Brigades" are holding the "Holy Fox News for Bush" reporters.

A previously unheard of Palestinian group, the Holy Jihad Brigades, claimed responsibility on Wednesday for kidnapping a Fox News cameraman and correspondent, Al-Jazeera satellite TV reported.

American correspondent Steve Centanni, 60, and cameraman Olaf Wiig, 36, of New Zealand were kidnapped Aug. 14 from their TV van near the Palestinian security services headquarters in Gaza City. Although Palestinian militant groups have often seized foreigners, including members of the media, this is the longest any have been held.

I keep wondering where the right wing bloggers who accused Jill Carroll of orchestrating her own kidnapping are right now. I mean Fox News certainly has more money to pay Iraqis to pretend to kidnap them for the ratings boost then poor little independant Jill had. But I have not found any right wingers willing to accuse these men of trying to pull a fast one. I wonder why?

Or do the "wingers" just assume that the insurgents and terrorists are only interested in taking conservative news reporters?

Well as a decidely left wing blogger I hope for the safe return of these men and have no reason whatsoever to think that they are not in grave danger. I hope that they are delivered back safely to their families just as Jill Carroll ultimately was.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:09 PM

    I too hope that these men return home safely and without harm. You do make a good point though. I haven't heard anything negative said about them. Nothing negative should be said, as these men are innocent victims. However, ironic that they work for FOX News and so the conservatives are all concerned. However, Jill Carroll has been completely flamed by the right wing since returning home to the U.S. Again, ironic that she is seen as a liberal journalist. What gets me is that Jill never claimed to be liberal. At least not to my knowledge. I never heard anything about her personal views. As far as I noticed, she's an objective journalist. People just threw her into the liberal category since she was sympathetic to towards the innocnet Iraqis. She never once came out saying that she was a liberal though. Don't get me wrong though. I already have mad respect for this woman. If it were confirmed that she is a liberal, then I'd love and respect her even more! People make their own assumptions about people based on what they want to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.