Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Will this be the year that the first non-Judeo/Christian is finally elected to Congress?

Press reports on the primary victory of Minnesota Democratic U.S. House candidate Keith Ellison make note of the fact that he is now likely to become the first Muslim elected to Congress. But Ellison is also likely to become one of the most left-leaning members of the next House.

This is just a good news layer cake for me. I want the Congress filled with anti-war representatives and love the fact that there is finally going to be some religious diversity in government.

I would love to see some Buddhists, a couple of Taoists, a handful of Hindus, a number of Jains, and then, dare I say it, a sampling of Atheists. Just think how progressive our country would be with this type of leadership. I just lightens my heart to imagine it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.