Sunday, October 01, 2006

In the last five years there have been over 3,000 attempts to ban Harry Potter books from US public libraries. Censorship is so American!

Harry Potter creator JK Rowling has been voted the author Americans most want to ban from libraries over fears that her books promote witchcraft.

The American Library Association (ALA), who compiled the list for their Banned Book Week, said there were more than 3,000 attempts to remove the books from libraries and schools between 2000 and 2005.

Rowling said: "As this puts me in the company of Harper Lee, Mark Twain, JD Salinger, William Golding, John Steinbeck and other writers I revere, I take my annual inclusion on the list as a great honour."

When our backward thinking parents try to ban your books you know you re indeed a great author. It is like the stamp of approval from our intellectual midgets. (Please do not e-mail me if you are a short academic. I was referring to stupid people.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.