Sunday, November 05, 2006

Reverend Ted apologizes.

"I am so sorry for the circumstances that have caused shame and embarrassment for all of you," he said, adding that he had confused the situation by giving inconsistent remarks to reporters denying the scandal.

"The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life," he said.

I am somewhat impressed. At least he did not just continue to denythe allegations regardless of how much evidence is brought to bear. He also did not tearfully beg for forgiveness and make a big weeping fool of himself on television.

I really hope that Mr. Haggard is able to come to terms with his difficulties and gets some help that is not dictated by religious constraints. He is gay. It is not a sin, it is simply how he is biologically determined. Hating your predilections will not make them go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.