Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Hillary's first big idea of her campaign is DOA.

Reporters on the trail with Sen. Hillary Clinton are reporting that she has dropped her “baby bond” idea, the notion that the federal government would give each baby at birth $5,000 to be used later for college or to help purchase a first home.

I hate to say it but I don't think this idea is all that bad.

The idea of the government starting a savings account for every baby, that can be invested in the child's future could be a very workable idea. It would have to be invested in a way that would keep it away from parents to ensure that the baby would have it waiting for him or her when they needed it.

I heard the argument that illegal aliens could have a baby in our country and then head back over the border with American cash, but that is just stupid. I don't think the idea was to hand the baby's parents $5000 for making a baby.

But the fact that Hillary tosses this idea out the minute she gets some bad press shows that she is much too careful to be President. The President needs to think carefully before introducing a new idea and then have the backbone to stick with it while it is being attacked by their opponents or enemies.

1 comment:

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.