Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I don't usually post scandalous gossip, but this was too good to let pass.

Jamie Lynn, who is the star of Nickelodeon's hit show Zoey 101, on which she plays a schoolgirl, turned 16 on April 4 and is a high school junior. She tells OK! Magazine, on newsstands in New York and LA Wednesday and nationwide Friday, that she and (possibly ex) boyfriend Casey Aldridge are expecting a child, that she is 12 weeks along, and that she is keeping it.

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she tells OK!. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

As for Lynn Spears, Jamie Lynn and Britney's mom, she was shocked. "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious. She's never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."

Now I am not being insensitive to the difficulty that this young woman faces raising a baby when she , in fact, still a baby herself. (I am the product of a teenage pregnancy myself) But this little tidbit just made the story irresistible to me.

Meanwhile her mom Lynne Spears' book on Christian parenting, due in Spring 2008, has been indefinitely delayed.

That is too rich! We are constantly being told that teaching your kids "good Christian values" and to abstain from sex until marriage will keep them from making these kinds of mistakes. But the evidence clearly demonstrates that to be completely untrue.

And if Britney Spears is a product of "Christian child rearing" I think I would feel much more comfortable taking advice from a crack whore on the Sunset Strip. I mean these people are an absolute train wreck.

This does not mean that there are not great parents who consider themselves Christians, because there are. But the idea that it is their faith that makes them good parents is a crock of shit! Good parents are that way because they learned patience wisdom, and to ask for advice when they are unsure. They may have learned that at home, in church, or on the streets like I did.

Just kidding Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.