Saturday, January 05, 2008

Obama cheered and Clinton booed in New Hampshire.

If the New Hampshire Democratic Party’s 100 Club dinner is any bell weather – Barack Obama will handily win here. When Obama, the dinner’s last speaker, took the stage the crowd surged forward chanting “O-bam-a” and “Fired Up, Ready to Go!” So many people pressed toward the stage that an announcer asked people to “please take their seats for safety concerns.”

By comparison Hillary was twice booed. The first time was when she said she has always and will continue to work for "change for you. The audience, particularly from Obama supporters (they were waving Obama signs) let out a noise that sounded like a thousand people collectively groaning. The second time came a few minutes later when Clinton said: "The there are two big questions for voters in New Hampshire. One is: who will be ready to lead from day one? The second," and here Clinton was forced to pause as boos from the crowd mixed with cheers from her own supporters. "Is who can we nominate who will go the distance against the Republicans?”

The dinner held in the Hampshire Dome in Milford is the largest political dinner in New Hampshire history, Republican or Democrat. More than 3,000 people attended.

Apparently Edwards skipped this rather important event.

That is too bad since I am curious how the crowd would have responded to him.

1 comment:

  1. I watched this event twice on cpsan last night...and it was the "HARD WORK" phrase that got her booed, I think...( hmm echoes of Bush?)....but the crowd was definently less warm to her than Obama....and even Richardson did great...

    and I also have been noting the crowd mike is muted for Obama alot, or turned down, I am not sure what that is about....

    Kucinich also did a great job, and so did Richardson, I am really confused WHY Edwards pulled out- he was not at another event, so it does not appear there was a time conflict- and Elisabeth was there- that I can see....It was really dissappointing, I really wanted to hear him..esp after seeing him on Keith and also the Speech the night before....

    ( and he has done this event in years past....I don't get it)....

    It was a huge turnout...I have watched this dinner before - I watched in 2006, before that election and there was No WHere near this kind of Enthusiasm....

    let me know if you hear WHY Edwards did not go...I did blog on Obama today- because 6-6 asked me to....and I thought it was time...I still pray that they become a ticket....

    CNN has been all about Hill...Fox is scrambling and you saw about BillO giving Obama folks a hard time...cpsan- alot of Repugs...and MSNBC is well...stuck...( they really wanted Hill I guess)

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.