Tuesday, April 01, 2008

And now a word from my favorite philosopher, Socrates.

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
(That must be why I am so philosophical)

Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat.
(This should be written on all packages containing fatty or sugary foods)

There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.
(Truer words were never spoken)

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
(This is often misquoted as "All that I know is that I know nothing.")

The unexamined life is not worth living.
(This is the one that directs my life. It may be one of the truest statements ever made.)

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh you know alot more than nothing.....

    and hmm, you have Wisdom......( must have been from being a husband....)

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.