Friday, June 27, 2008

Obama and other politicians pay homage to the misunderstanding of the 2nd amendment.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If you read the above words it should be clear what the forefathers intended concerning weapons in the hands of our citizens.

They wanted us to be able to protect ourselves against those British bastards or any other nation that felt it was okay to attack our newly formed democracy.

They did not want to put guns into the hands of angry spouses, gang bangers, and muggers. But thanks to the efforts of the NRA that is how it has been interpreted for decades.

No national politician dares speak out against gun ownership in America. Not even so called liberals like Barack Obama: "As President, I will uphold the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun-owners, hunters, and sportsmen. I know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact common-sense laws, like closing the gun show loophole and improving our background check system, so that guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists or criminals. Today's decision reinforces that if we act responsibly, we can both protect the constitutional right to bear arms and keep our communities and our children safe." (Terrorists? WTF?)

Or even Russ Feingold: "I am very pleased the Supreme Court finally recognized that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms. This is an important decision for millions of law-abiding gun owners. Public safety must be ensured without depriving our citizens of their constitutional rights."

As an intelligent person it really irritates me when I see people that I respect pandering to the unwashed masses of people who believe that it is their God given right to keep a weapon in their double wide trailer that essentially puts their neighbors, themselves, and their family in danger.

I don't believe for an instant that this ruling is a good thing for our country nor will it keep our citizens any safer.

6 comments:

  1. Gryphen,

    I am really worried about Obama.

    Since he won the nomination, he's flip-flopped on:

    NAFTA (terrible for labor)
    Telecom Immunity/FISA (eviserating the 4th Amendment)
    Public Financing (hey Lobbyists, can I get a blowjob?)
    Iran (WWIII)
    Death Penalty (I'm speechless here)

    As a member of the netroots community it's my job to call any politician -- including Barack Obama, when he channels his inner politician and spews bullshit.

    He's on very tenuous ground right now and quite frankly, much of the netroots feel like he's taken a piss on us.

    Thanks for posting this, Gryphen. I'm delighted to see you haven't drunk the koolaid and still have clarity of vision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:23 AM

    I don't care one way or the other on the gun issue but I will say that my boyfriend voted for Bush twice because of the fear that the Democrats would take away his guns. It's a big issue to many Americans. Americans are violent people. We are, after all, a nation that favors the death penalty.
    Changing laws doesn't matter. Changing hearts and minds does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:24 AM

    And Christopher, the Democratic candidate can flip flop all he wants. He knows you will vote for him in November. That's all that counts. You are still under the illusion that there is a difference between the parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a difference, and there hopefully an even bigger difference between Obama and the usual gaggle of idiots.

    But like you Christopher I am not pleased with recent developments. I am hoping that he is simply moving to the middle to get elected and will be the man I want him to be after he is sworn in. Of course that raises all kinds of red flags about his sincerity.

    I know he is still vastly better then McCain, or Hillary, but damn it I wanted him to be perfect!

    I will always call attention to hypocrisy on either side of the aisle. I may be a card carrying Democrat right now but if I they don't do what they promised to do I will cut them off at the knees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gryphen,

    If Obama sprints any closer to the center, he is in danger of moving to the right.

    This is what happened to Hillary and the netroots clipped her wings so she was unable to take flight.

    The same could happen to Obama if he doesn't get some better advice.

    Let's hope he doesn't make the cardinal mistake of selecting the Borg Queen to be his veep. If he does, I think he will have serious trouble in November.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could not be righter about that Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.