Monday, July 28, 2008

15 things that prove that Mr. Rogers may have been the Mahatma Gandhi of North America.

I always made fun of Mr. Rogers when I was in my 20's.

God I was a tool.

This is my favorite one of the fifteen:

5. He might have been the most tolerant American ever. Mister Rogers seems to have been almost exactly the same off-screen as he was onscreen. As an ordained Presbyterian minister, and a man of tremendous faith, Mister Rogers preached tolerance first.
Whenever he was asked to castigate non-Christians or gays for their differing beliefs, he would instead face them and say, with sincerity, "God loves you just the way you are." Often this provoked ire from fundamentalists.

2 comments:

  1. I love Fred...I miss Fred....alot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an easy target but he was definitely an authentic human being. He was my idol as a kid. Somewhere I have an autographed photo of him from when I saw him live.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.