Sunday, July 20, 2008

Obama promises to bring military focus back to Afghanistan.

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama pledged steadfast aid to Afghanistan in talks Sunday with its Western-backed leader and vowed to pursue the war on terror "with vigor" if he is elected, an Afghan official said.

The facts are that if we had not allowed the neo-cons to pull us into an unnecessary, illegal war with Iraq, we would have finished our work in Afghanistan and would have the majority of our troops home with their families. The real fighting would have ended a long time ago and we would probably just have troops serving in a supportive capacity right now.

Now having said that I feel compelled to admit that I firmly believe that without George Bush in the White House, 9-11 never would have happened. In other words there would have been no need for ANY war.

I am not sure what role the administration played in the disaster, I keep entertaining different possible scenarios, but I am convinced that it didn't happen without their participation.

I know that sounds conspiratorial and will probably turn some visitors off immediately. But I tell the truth on this website and that is the truth as I have come to understand it.

So while I support Obama's decision to stabilize Afghanistan, I also want our troops out of there as soon as we can get them home. Because I believe the true threats to our way of life and our personal freedoms are living right here among us. And it is time to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

1 comment:

  1. Obama needs to be very, very careful about creating an Iraqi-like quagmire in Afghanistan.

    The military is spent, exhausted and broken from the 5+ years Bush has exploited them for his war legacy in Iraq.

    Obama's focus needs to be solving the myriad of domestic problems that have been ignored during Bush's 8 years of neglect.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.