Friday, August 22, 2008

The Associate Press says that Joe Biden is Obama's VP pick!


Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware is Barack Obama's pick as vice presidential running mate, The Associated Press has learned.

Biden, 65, is a veteran of more than three decades in the Senate, and one of his party's leading experts on foreign policy, an area in which polls indicate Obama needs help in his race against Republican rival John McCain.

The official who spoke did so on condition of anonymity, saying they did not want to pre-empt a text-message announcement the Obama campaign promised for Saturday morning.

I post this with some trepidation just in case it turns out to be another red herring.

But hey if I am wrong we can just blame the AP.

Update: CNN confirms it here.

5 comments:

  1. There are many things I like about Biden. He doesn't sugar coat the truth. He has always pointed out the true costs of this iraq debacle. Another is that he has not profited much monetarily by his senate career. All in all, I think he was good choice.

    Some pundits thought Obama wouldn't want him because his experience would far overshadow Obama's. So, he just showed them he's not afraid of having people around him who might know more than him on certain subjects. Hell, he might even LISTEN to others, wouldn't that be novel.

    He does need to lay off the "ladies and gentlemen" in his speeches, though. reminds me too much of McC's "my friends".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The text message arrived at 2:54AM.

    I think I heard a click and woke up in time to crawl out of bed and update my blog.

    A good choice and one I support heartily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 3:00 AM phone call!

    That is too damn funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3am! That is funny...

    Who do you want answering the phone when it rings at 3 in the morning in your house?

    Someone that lives there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:48 AM

    I'm disappointed. Biden voted for the invasion of Iraq. He voted for the bankruptcy bill. I just don't think he is for the average American.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.