Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hackers break into Sarah Palin Yahoo e-mail account!

Hackers broke into the Yahoo! e-mail account that Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin used for official business as Alaska's governor, revealing as evidence a few inconsequential personal messages she has received since John McCain selected her as his running mate.

"This is a shocking invasion of the governor's privacy and a violation of law. The matter has been turned over to the appropriate authorities and we hope that anyone in possession of these e-mails will destroy them," the McCain campaign said in a statement.

The Secret Service contacted The Associated Press on Wednesday and asked for copies of the leaked e-mails, which circulated widely on the Internet. The AP did not comply.

Well first off I should make clear that I had nothing to do with this. I lack the computer chops to do it, and even if I could I still wouldn't have done so. I still have some integrity left and there are some things off of the table as far as I am concerned.

But damn would I like to see what is in those e-mails! Just to put my mind at ease about a few things.

To be honest though even if ALL of my suspicions are confirmed I still would not post the e-mails here. I just cannot be part of any unlawful activity.

You can read more about the e-mails here. And here. And here. And here.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:46 PM

    Well, at least this is consistent with a transparent government that Palin advocates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gryphen,

    I posted McCandy's email address and my readers say they helped crash her account.

    >>>sigh<<<, I guess my work is nearly done. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame, shame, shame on you for doing such a great thing Christopher.

    I am so ashamed (proud) of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This smells a little fishy. Consider the following:

    -Standard recommended procedure for hacking accounts is to 1) copy the entire account, zip it up, and upload it to rapidshare, megaupload, etc, 2) post the login info on a *chan so other people can verify 3) post the rapidshare/megaupload link so everybody can download the entirety.

    -Hardly anything was released. Nothing damning. Very unlike anon.

    -This gives the governor an excuse to delete her personal account so nothing can be subpoenaed, although in actualitym yahoo retains all the information in deleted accounts and it CAN be subpoenaed.

    -This changes the media narrative away from the focus on Palin's transgressions as governor and puts her back into the victim frame much more solidly than she was previously.

    -Anon isn't really a group, but a term used to refer to any generic poster, or a multiple thereof on any of the *chan boards. It would be the easiest thing in the world to fake, or for a McCain crony operative to hack himself without telling anybody.

    No evidence, mind you, but certainly motive, means, and opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good point funkalunatic.

    Hmmm I wonder if we were played?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:33 AM

    possible of course - but don't
    think that 'they' are that smart(a)
    or that subtle(b)! to hack themselves - to cover their 'real'
    Track(s) ! [pun intended] read
    post at wikileaks & related links
    and they look & read 'real'- that they -were- her [part of] personal e-m addresses ! the surprising thing was that she used Yahoo !
    Classic ! haha You can't write
    this up !

    ReplyDelete
  7. if those emails are part of a Criminal Investigation I wonder if that means they can use it to impede the Troopergate....

    I am sure in no time they will blame bloggers or those Left Extremists or some kind of crap...

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.