Saturday, September 20, 2008

Local restaurant creates the McPalin Grilled Pig Sandwich. Clogs your arteries while smearing your good name.

Lion's Den restaurant in Midtown Anchorage has created its own specialty: the McPalin Grilled Pig Sandwich.

Lion's Den owner Dale Keefe says he normally keeps politics out of work conversation, but when he was making sandwiches with his crew last week, the big top news story was Barack Obama's comment, "You know, you can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig."

Obama's comment began Keefe's political food creation.

"I just kept thinking about that news story when I was making sandwiches and I just kind of had an epiphany," Keefe said.

The McPalin sandwich has grilled pork tenderloin on it, with caramelized apples, red onions, melted cheddar cheese, and crisp bacon.

And here I was wondering what to have for lunch today. Yum yum!

My heart is seizing up just thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. Damn. I've cooked for 23 years and never heard of such...could you throw one in the mail with apples on the side and send it to Vancouver, WA?

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.