Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sarah Palin's fundamentalist church sponsors Focus on the Family's "pray away the gay" program.

Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

"You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for about six years.

Palin's conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice. She is staunchly anti-abortion, opposing exceptions for rape and incest, and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.

Well what do you expect from a church that prays for the pipeline, believes the Iraq war is a holy war, and offers a program to turn the Wasilla teens into Christian fascists? (Apparently not forbidding them from drinking, having sex, or misusing firearms however as multiple MySpace pictures have demonstrated.)

I doubt very much that if there are any homosexuals in Wasilla they would ever dare to allow anybody to know. If there is a better example of small town intolerance and homophobia I can honestly say I have no idea what it would be.

So essentially this conference will just be a bunch of religious nuts sitting in a room making insulting comments about "the gays" and getting themselves all pumped to have some alcohol infused heterosexual teenage sex.

Sounds like just another Saturday night in Wasilla, Alaska to me.

11 comments:

  1. OK, if this doesn't alienate the already self-hating Log Cabin Rethugs, I honestly don't know what will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great catch, Gryphen!

    I so detest his racist, homophobic witch. Each day I learn something more that proves to me how unfit Palin is to be in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it is sort of like Pandora's box isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her lover's attorney has made an emergency request to have divorce papers sealed -- presumably to block the NE from getting copies and publishing them in future issues of the tabloid.

    This is beginning to remind me of the records cleansing the Bush Inc. team successfully implemented when his AWOL records became a matter of public interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed that McCain's team accepted to nominate her.

    McCain must have been really really desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Pray away the gay"? Ha! Her and her ilk remind me of those that burned witches at the stake!

    What a dispicable choice the equally as despicable, for his hypocrisy and bowing to the Christian wing just to win an election.

    I've been referring to her as "Plain" ever since I saw a betmo post that either had a mispelling or case of dyselxia or it may have even been on purpose, but it makes sense to me. Plain.

    POLITICAL BUMPERSTICKER:
    McCain and Plain!
    `In 2057 or when hell freezes over!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have all the New Religous stuff posted tonight...her church- how McCains rallie have changed..Jesus is now very much part of the rallies..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up I will come over and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:26 PM

    I don't know if there is a delay on comments or what, but this is just like the nonsense that goes on in churches all over the country. People do not realize how prevalent this doctrine is, and how cult like these churches are. It has take me years to sort through the truth about these churches, and I hope I can be a part of the exposure of the lunacy of these dominion doctrines, the hate, war, and fear they promote...Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To elaborate, I ministered in the UPCI not orained but freelancing, if you will, and I preached in other churches of this type, independent and organized. I've spent years studying the
    Bible, and wrestling with the doctrines of the AOG and the UPCI and other dominion doctrines. These people teach exclusinary style doctines that focus on your socioeconomic place, it is hard to explain...the churches are full of fear, mistrust, gossip, adultery, greed, homosexuality...see my post on mikesearches.blogspot.com "Ned Flanders,Ted Haggard and Catfish" I lived this life in these churches for years in Arkansas. The situation in Wasilla sounds terrifying close to the Bible Belt of the lower 48 and a clone of Northeast Arkansas...Sarah Palin and her brand of Christianity, so obviously Un-Christlike, (but its tentacles are in an astounding number of churches) doesn't need to be anywhere near the White House for ANY reason. Onward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.