Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sarah Palin claims that Katie Couric and Charles Gibson are unethical journalists.

Asked Tuesday by radio host Hugh Hewitt if she agreed that interviews with ABC's Charles Gibson and CBS' Couric were designed to embarrass her, Palin replied: "Well, I have a degree in journalism also, so it surprises me that so much has changed since I received my education in journalistic ethics all those years ago." (Apparently when Palin took her journalism classes they had too many ethics to go around asking people questions, they must have just sat down with a pen and paper and made up the news stories. I mean how rude of these modern journalists having the nerve to ask questions and then actually expecting answers in return that make sense. Can anybody imagine such a thing?)


She continued: "But Im not going to pick a fight with those who buy ink by the barrelful. Im going to take those shots and those pop quizzes and just say thats OK, those are good testing grounds. And they can continue on in that mode. Thats good. That makes somebody work even harder. It makes somebody be even clearer and more articulate in their positions. So really I dont fight it. I invite it." ( I learn something new every time I listen to Sarah Palin being interviewed. It is a little like spending the day in an Ivy League school, in a class taught by the janitor. For instance I learned that as an Alaskan I am an expert on Russia, that was news to me. I also learned that we can solve the issue of Global Warming without paying any attention at all to how it happened in the first place Who needs all of those "facts"? And now I learn that CBS and ABC News buys their ink by the barrel. Since they both broadcast their news stories on TELEVISION I cannot imagine why they need so much ink. But since Sarah Palin said it, well then it must be true.)

I hear that this Gwen Ifill lady that is moderating the Vice Presidential debates is planning on asking questions too. Poor Sarah Palin! Will she ever find an ethical journalist who will just let her sit quietly in front of the cameras and look pretty? Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. Sarah should look into QVC I bet they would interview her in an ethical manner...cough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:27 AM

    This is almost too much to bear...every time Sarah Six Pack (forget pitbull...this new name she came up with is wayyy better)opens her mouth, she gets McSame into more trouble, and he has to go on TV more to defend her.

    Hmmm...do you think only the economy is making Obama take the lead in the polls...seems to me it sort of coincides with these Katie Couric interviews...

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.