Sunday, January 11, 2009

Joe the Plumber lowers the journalistic bar in Israel.

Joe the Plumber has set aside his wrenches to become a rookie war correspondent, covering Israel's side of its two-week-old military offensive in Gaza.

Well I made fun of Joe the Plumber quite a bit during the campaign, and even more when I found out he was going to practice "journalism" in Israel. But perhaps I have been too quick to judge, maybe he really has what it takes to be a reporter.

Wurzelbacher's status as a rookie was evident when he stood in front of a pile of spent rockets and said: "I have thousands of questions but I can't think of the right one."

Nope I was right the first time, this guy is an unbelievable tool. A plumber's tool if you will.

What he could summon was contempt for Israel's critics, who are outraged by the more than 870 Palestinians killed in Israel's bruising air and ground onslaught against Gaza's Islamic militant Hamas rulers. Thirteen Israelis have also died since the operation began, including four killed by the rocket fire that touched off the war in the first place.

"Why hasn't Israel acted sooner?" Wurzelbacher asked. "I know if I were a citizen here, I'd be damned upset."

Let me see. Israel has lost 13 of its citizens to Palestine's 870, and "Joe the Plumber's tool" cannot understand how that might make some people upset at Israel for using excessive force?

Oh FOX News is going to LOVE this guy!

And not only is Joe completely prejudicial in his "coverage" of this event, but he is also clearly incapable of understanding how this battle is any different then a bar fight back home.

He described himself as a "peaceloving man," but added, "when someone hits me, I'm going to unload on the boy. And if the rest of the world doesn't understand that, then I'm sorry."

Let's see if I can help Mr. Wurzelbacher. "Hey Joe, can I call you "Joe"? Or would you rather I use your real name, Sam? Oh I guess it doesn't really matter that your name is just as phony as your war coverage. "

"But I digress."

"Back to the point. the difference between your reaction to a guy pushing you in a bar and what Israel has done in answer to the Palestinians, is that I assume you would not shoot the bar guy in the head and then drive to his house and kill his wife and kids. Would you Joe? Do you think THAT is the proper response to being provoked?"

Israel has used an excessive amount of force to deal with a handful of militants. They have killed innocent women and children as they lashed out in their rage. The rest of the Muslim community is now incensed and ready to rise up against Israel. This just adds more fuel to the fire until it threatens to endanger the entire world.

I am certainly not excusing the actions of the Palestinians who fired the rockets into Israel, I am simply saying is does not help Israel to be seen by the world as overly aggressive and bloodthirsty.

It is time for cooler heads to prevail.

I think that regardless of his desire not to step on George Bush's toes, Barack Obama simply HAS to step up and help reopen the dialogue between Israel and Palestine.

And when he does, make sure that Joe the Plumber is nowhere around. That guy is in an idiot.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:06 PM

    Lets be honest here tv and news paper reporters are not overall talented people. At one time it was a highly skilled job and attracted bright people, but today its just talking heads repeating what is spoon feed to them for the most part. Actual reporting went out years ago. Everything today is just opinions being offered with a slant in one direction or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Notalib, here is the deal.

    I rejected one of your comments in a previous thread because you essentially hi-jacked it and took it way off topic.

    I allowed this one because your point is valid and may add something to the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is that for sure... Not Joe the Not Plumber also said he didn't think reporters should be allowed to report on the war... so my question is..what the hell is he doing there then...lol But I guess he still has some money left from Pajama's TV so he has to stay... but maybe they will let him out soon and he will fade into the wood work again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey might be an idiot but the bigger idiots are the people who actually take what he says seriously. isn't this guy's 15 minutes of fame up already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Know what is funny the only people who are making an issue about it is the left. If you guys would ignore him he would just fade away. Just like Cindy Sheehan, once conservatives got bored with her she disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. can we leave him there ? I mean don't they need Plumbers ?

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.