Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just got back from the movies.

Since I made such a big deal about choosing the movie for today, I felt I should follow up with a small report.

As it turned out I let the sixteen year old pick the movie.

He chose 2012. Oh boy.

Let me give you a brief synopsis of the film.

Car careens through traffic as the streets open up under main characters and buildings repeatedly fall in their path.

Airplane careens through sky as the ground opens up under the main characters and buildings fall in its path. (Apparently pilot is unaware plane can fly higher than ground level.)

Yosemite National Park, explodes into ball of flame, burns the hell out of Smokey the Bear, (Okay I added that part), the ground opens up under the main characters., as fireballs fall in their path.

President almost gets killed by earthquake. President almost gets killed by volcano. President finally gets killed by water. Can you say "anti-climatic"?

Oh yeah there was dialogue. Let's see.

"Run!" "Look out!" "Oh my God!" "Watch out!" Repeated over and over throughout the movie.

A little humor, a little romance, several thousand close calls, a whole lot of destruction, and then an ending that may have been meant to deliver some sort of uplifting message but was so corny that it is not worth mentioning.

I was not very impressed.

You know what it needed don't you?




A ninja.



I am just saying.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Or maybe a tank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:58 PM

    Bless your heart Gryphen, even a ninja is no match against mother nature hell bent on destroying our great, exceptional, patriotic, Christian faith-based country. And the world, also too there. No longer will we be that bright shining city on the hill, where I'll be running on the scree with exotic cactus bursting into flames and the wind blowing back my hair - thighs burning, yearning to pray naked in the shower with the fella who wrote to my alter ego, God. . .

    Dang, this reminds me, I need to make a Billions more to buy my family and me's tickets on those arks. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Except for pretty awesome special effects, this was an extremely cheesy movie. I really thought the strongest character was "Charlie Frost" - you heard it here first!"

    Also, I started laughing when the little dog trots past all the yelling people and goes over to the ark.

    It's so surprising to me that Hollywood will spend millions on special effects and not bother to hire craftsman to work on a first rate screenplay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:53 PM

    Hey, maybe you should be a politician - after all, you can admit to a mistake. Such a novelty would surely win the hearts and minds of voters! You'd be a contender that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura7:11 PM

    I knew that you were going to say it needed a ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:39 PM

    Anon 6:53 - special effects vs craft? You just described The Sarah Palin brand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Did Putin rear his head at any time during the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. mommom10:35 PM

    I bet the 16 year old loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, that movie describes what will happen if Scarah ever manages to steal a national election!

    So your description is pretty spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.