Friday, July 02, 2010

Time for a laugh. Olivia Munn returns as a special correspondent on the Daily Show.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Kremlins 2: The New Batch
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

You know for quite some time now my favorite Daily Show correspondent has been Aasif Mandvi, followed closely by John Oliver. But now with the addition of Olivia Munn, well now the only thing I have to say is "John Oliver and Aasif Mandvi who?"

I don't know what it is about the lovely Miss Munn?  Could it be her comic timing?  Her effortless repartee with Stewart? Or just simply the fact that she is OLIVIA MUNN?

Okay I might, just possibly, have the teensy weensiest crush on the lovely Olivia.  But trust me I will not let it impact my clear headed, logical appreciation for...OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE HOW CUTE AND FUNNY AND TALENTED SHE WAS?

Okay well that is just embarrassing.

This is almost as bad as when I had that man-crush on Stephen Colbert after he stood up and insulted President Bush and the entire Republican party at the White House Correspondent's Dinner in 2007.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:11 PM

    OK, I'll show my age and say she could be the daughter of "Tea with Goldie". I loved her on the Smothers Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 PM

    I apologize for being OT, but you have to check this video out of Palin's Meet & Greet at the Bowling Convention. Fast forward to 0:47. Looks this guy is Verrrry Happy to meet Palin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:29 PM

    Now, Gryphen, are you sure your excitement wasn't more about wondering if she would pop that button off her shirt?

    But, yes, she's very funny. too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:30 PM

    oops I didn't include the link. Palin's very happy fan

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuZe6H-Zc24&feature=player_embedded#

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne8:45 PM

    Wow, Gryphen, thanks so much for the Colbert link. I never saw/heard that speech before. Man, that took guts! I loved it. You could have cut the discomfort level in the room with McCain's salad spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:20 PM

    I had forgotten about SC BRAVE appearance at the dinner -- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:22 PM

    Lol! Gryphen, you are so cute! I think her tight shirt could possibly be part of the intrigue!

    Love that segment and your comments are especially good.

    Thanks for a much needed laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:03 AM

    Well, she does a fabulous Samantha Bee impression, that's for sure. The only part I actually bought, unfortunately, was the "I don't understand those words." part. Wasn't this the same girl-woman who claimed that she was uncomfortable on another show because she wasn't able to be herself? So... why is she imitating Bee? And WHY did they give her the same material they would have given Samantha Bee -- why not write something that a 20-something starlet would actually be capable of thinking? It seemed to me that Jon was trying to cover embarassment. She's pretty, all right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:38 AM

    And it's her birthday today Gryphen ! She's 30 - here's a lovely photo of her I am sure you will enjoy - I know I did:

    http://www.beertripper.com/OffTopic/g4/Olivia-Munn-Small_Black_Top.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  10. GrainneKathleen4:50 AM

    the colbert speech is one of my favorite pieces of video ever. i love that he didn't care of the people in the room liked it. he knew who his real audience was. jon stewart was in awe of his friend over that.
    i find olivia munn funny, but she doesn't come near sam bee. or jon oliver. or jason jones. or aassif mandvi. or larry wilmore. or wyatt cenac. (sorry daily show regulars if i left anyone out!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Steve Colbert will always be a hero to me for that tongue-lashing he gave the "News" media at the 2007 dinner. They did their country an enormous harm by not holding Bush/Cheney's feet to the fire. They deserved every mocking word.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.