Sunday, December 23, 2012

Let's end the day with some memorable images of 2012.

Think Progress has chosen the 12 images that they deem "the most memorable."

Here are the ones that I agree with:

Larry Duncan, 56, left, and Randy Shepherd, 48, from North Bend, Wash. get their marriage license.
Pizza owner Scott Van Duzer gives President Obama a bear hug.
During GOP convention Clint Eastwood debates empty chair.
Children led to safety after shooting inside Sandy Hook elementary school
And perhaps my favorite.

The Obama's victory hug and the most tweeted photo in history.
And here are a few more I would like to add.

A supposedly unconscious Sgt. Chase Haag reaches out for a handshake after the President awards him the Purple Heart.
Gabby Giffords leads the crowd at the DNC in saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
Mitt Romney trying to blend in with the other 47% at a Chipotles
And of course.

President Obama caught in Spider-Man's web.

Well these are my choices, feel free to add a few of your own if you would like.

7 comments:

  1. I cannot look at a picture of Gabby Giffords without crying - and any escapees from the zoo who are trolling here - you need to remember why Gabby was shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schmelf the Elf7:27 PM

    LOVE that first picture of the two guys taking their wedding vows ! ... though an alternate caption occurred to me:

    "Marriage Equality's Surprising Gift: Santa Claus Ditches His Beard"

    ReplyDelete
  3. emrysa7:52 PM

    I didn't look at the entire list gryphen but I think the ones you chose are perfect - most of those are my faves too. so glad obama is my prez, my representative to the rest of the world. it could have been so different... and depressing! woot obama and woot the days are getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita Winecooler10:11 PM

    They're so hard to choose among, but I think you picked a great representation of where he shines the best. I still smile when I see him with Scott Van Dusel, and I still feel inspired/angry/sad when I see Gabby Giffords.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:05 AM

    There's another photo of Randy and Larry taken the next day after they were married. They are both in suits and just beaming. Rachel Maddow linked to it on her blog (sorry, can't find it at present).

    ReplyDelete
  6. O/T Idaho US Senator Michael Dean Crapo(R) was arrested for DUI in Virginia at 12;45 AM THIS MORNING. Crapo is a Bishop in the Mormon church.

    See,too much milk impair your driving ability.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:41 AM

    I like the one of the guy who owns a Pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.