Sunday, February 17, 2013

"Jesus is my Nigga." Best Christian youth outreach ever! Update!

I am not even going to bother preparing you for this, because to be honest there is NOTHING that I could say that would prepare you for this. Please do yourself a favor and watch to the end.

God I love it when his wife joins in just when you thought it could not get anymore surreal.

Here are the lyrics so you can sing along:

“Well I wrote this song for the Christian youth" 
“I wanna teach kids the Christian truth.” 
“If you wanna reach those kids on the street” 
“Then you gotta do a rap, do a hip hop beat.” 
“So heed my sermon, an urban kid” 
"My rhymes are fly, my beats are sick.” 
"My crew is big and it keeps getting bigger.” 
“That’s cause Jesus Christ is my N*gga. 

I know what you are thinking, "Gryphen no WAY is this for real." However there is some strong evidence to suggest that it is indeed.

Here is more from the Daily Mail:

 With its clever rhymes, controversial lyrics and uncompromising message, Pastor Jim Colerick and his wife's 'Rappin' for Jesus' takes its inspiration from the stars of hip-hop - and there most similarities end. 

With beats straight out of 1970s Bronx, Pastor Jim declares he 'wrote this song for the Christian youth - I want to teach kids the Christian truth', all the while punctuating his rap with the refrain of 'Jesus Christ is my n***a'. 

However, while the song and accompanying video seem unintentionally hilarious, the video was uploaded on YouTube user Brian Spinney on February 5th - even though it appears to be produced at least five years ago. 

Importantly, that website claims that the church closed in June 2004 and Spinney claims to have produced this video with the pastor and his wife when he was in high school. 

Parody or not, the comedy of Pastor Jim and his wife rapping, 'Jesus Christ is our n***a - he's our homey mc, JC, uc?' is undeniable. 

Personally I kind of hope it is NOT a parody, but if it is it is a damn funny one.

Now good luck getting that song out of your head today.

Update: They won't allow us to embed the video any longer but you can still hear it for yourself by clicking here.

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:19 AM

    Just when you think you've seen it all......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:04 AM

    I think someone needs their meds adjusted.!!

    That is the most pathetic, racist, stupid, attempt at "rap" i've ever heard.

    Has to be a parody, nobody could be this dumb.

    Ok, maybe they made it at Jesus camp for a funny, but still hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:56 AM

      Are you kidding lol... It's meant as something to make younger people laugh such as myself. I thought it was hilarious minus the derogatory words. I think the way they put two elderly people raping for Jesus was pretty genius in my opinion...

      Delete
    2. Rapping* not raping cuz thats not ok

      Delete
    3. LMAO; RAPING FOR JESUS CHORTLE; TEEEEEEE HEEEEE LMFAO

      Delete
    4. LOL RAPING for jesus; lmfao; chortle TE-HEEEE; TOO GOOD;LMFAO GUFFAW

      Delete
  3. Oh, I think this is definitely a parody - maybe based on the parable about the Good Samaritan?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Good_Samaritan

    I think it's funny as hell and not too far removed from this real prayer here in my hometown. :( Watch all 1:10 of it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J74y88YuSJ8

    ReplyDelete
  4. DJ Beldar Rhyme-a-Zome Conehead, ret.6:22 AM

    That's right, Gryphen, you just go right ahead and mock the good pastor and his wife, but I've got some news for you, buddy boy!

    VERY credible witnesses have reported that sweet fine beyotch you dismiss as a misguided middle-aged white rappa wannabe was with TUPAC, Biggie Smalls, Lil TJ, Dr. Wack, Cuppa Joe, Feisty Boi, DJ Banan Appeal and many, many, many other celebrated dead rappers, when they were shot! If that isn't rap cred - at least West Coast rap cred - I don't what is!

    You owe her an apology, yo! WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BabyRaptor6:32 AM

    I forwarded this to an "urban" (sarcastic airquotes) co-worker of mine because I knew he'd get a kick out of it.

    His response was to call me, laughing hard enough to wet his pants, and say "These people know Jesus isn't actually a nigga, right? And that they aren't, either?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF you care to pick up an atlas (boo with maps) you will realise that jesus (yeshua ben jacob ha nostri, in his own tongue Aramaic) was most certainly NOT white and could very well have been blac; in allprobability his skin colur was prob a shade or twwo lighter than that of Obama

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:49 AM

    I...Really...Am....At....A...Loss...For...Words....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:54 AM

    Well, I'll begotohell! Hope never to see another video as crazy stupid as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:16 AM

    He was probably just trying to find a "legitimate" way to use the N-word he probably loves so much...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:21 AM

    I never liked obscene Rap, and this just reminds me why.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LoveAndKnishesFromBrooklyn11:53 AM

    Awwwww...missed it!! And I really wanted to get "Ain't No One Got Time For This" outta my ears today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:01 PM

      It's "Ain't nobody got time for dhet!"

      Delete
  11. Anonymous1:00 PM

    NOT FUNNY!!!!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita Winecooler7:18 PM

    That's a gracious plenty portion of what the fuck??? He's capping her in the butt with a gun? Seriously? The "better half" is turning her (Ample) Christian Butt cheeks? Is that what Jesus meant in the bible? Cause she's doing it wrong, and her hubby don't mind!

    Whew! So glad I'm not one of them! (Not that there's anything wrong with that), it just makes it easier not having to leaf through the book to find the most appropriate retort by chapter and verse.

    And people used to get mad when I played "Plastic Jesus"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Wow....everyone calm the heck down... Nobody sa shit when the rap song blast on the radio with the lyrics " MY NIGGA ...MY NIGGA......MY MAFUGGING NIGGA", just saying the guy thought that him and his wife could draw kids to the church with music that sounds something like what they are already listing to on the ipods, cell phones, and computers tgey alk have access to every single day. Get a damn grip, and if you can't do that then hit the back oe stop button. I am sorry but Im sick of the bs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:14 AM

    Why are people freaking out? Take a joke. LMAO. THIS IS GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:16 AM

    How is this racist? He's not hating on any race. Who cares if he said "nigga"? It's catchy song. Just be happy it's about Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6:29 AM

    Jesus christ is my nigga

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous3:07 PM

    http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/rappin-for-jesus-video-fake/

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.