Friday, July 25, 2014

A little morning inspiration for you. Five foot tall, 100 lb, ex-gymnast becomes the first woman to complete the grueling American Ninja Warrior final course.

Are you exhausted just from watching that? Trust me, you're are not alone.

I was a one time a huge fan of the original Ninja Warrior broadcast from Japan, and shown regularly on G4TV.

When I first started watching it in early 2000 I thought "Oh hell yeah I can still do that stuff" as I am an ex-gymnast and martial artist who prides myself on my strength and agility, and clearly may be a bit too arrogant for my own good.

However when I watch it today, or the American version of it, I think "What in the hell was I thinking, that looks impossible!" Let's face it there is a hell of a lot of difference between your abilities at 40 and your abilities at 54.

I have never real been a fan of the American version, and so it was kind of bizarre that I happened to turn it on just as this amazing young lady started her attempt.

And I was blown away!

I have long said that the strongest, most versatile athletes in the world are gymnasts and this young lady proved my point.

Damn it almost makes me wish I would have tried to compete back when I wouldn't have hit the water three steps in.

Now if you will excuse me I have to go workout.

17 comments:

  1. fromthediagonal4:17 AM

    My heart rate went up just watching her!
    She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:24 AM

    That woman is phenomenal!! I am exhausted after watching her! Makes me want to put down my Cheerios and start exercising! I'm watching the clip again for inspiration. She's a true athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ManxMamma4:42 AM

    I had never seen this show before until I saw this clip. She was amazing. I would love to see the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:14 AM

    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:24 AM

    Sarah says Willow can do this course blindfolded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:42 AM

      So it this young woman is 100 lbs buffed and all sarah must be like 70 lbs?
      b/c she is 5'3" when not wearing the stripper heelz & lolipop head.
      but she does "yoga" says the troll...yuk,yuk.
      She does meth!
      Now if all the people cheering this young girl would go out and take a run or a walk and pick up a weight....

      Delete
  6. Fantastic! My daughter is a gymnast and I agree with you G, they are amazing athletes. Gymnastics training is a great foundation for many other sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:53 AM

      I agree, too. My daughter is also a gymnast (level 9, 15yo) and holds almost every record at her school for all the fitness competitions. It's a brutal sport in some ways (takes its toll on these little bodies!) but damn are these kids FIT!!! I loved that video, and my daughter did, too. What an amazing athlete!
      JillyG

      Delete
  7. Beldar Rh Conehead6:22 AM

    I dunno, Gryphen, there's an ugly rumor circulating that she's almost 15% rhesus monkey, which could explain a lot of her apparent super-human speed, strength and agility.

    Otherwise, yeah, she's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:27 AM

    What an athlete & what a performance! I'm out of breath here.

    She's a friggin' Spider Monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:40 AM

    She sure IS an inspiration, isn't she!

    (Also, too: she is a REAL athlete, who competes in REAL events, and who does not just come in at the very end to claim victory like someone we know...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:35 AM

    GIRL POWER!!!
    She made it look easy. Goes to show that it doesn't take balls to be tough. It takes a vagina.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Absolutely incredible and inspiring, all in one 5ft 100lb body!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:14 PM

    I saw this run on the first time that I had ever seen the show! How inspiring!. I love watching it over again, and I can't wait to see her compete in the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita Winecooler4:37 PM

    I thought my family were the only ones who watch this show regularly. Yes, she's an amazing athlete! That course was grueling and this pack of dynamite deserves a lot of kudos!

    They also have a show called "departures", two guys travel around the world, hike mountains, and share their experiences with other cultures and traditions, the filming, alone, is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:51 AM

    I caught this while channel surfing. Macy is amazing just as all the athletes who accomplish this feat. I loved seeing her boyfriend and her male competitors cheering her on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What makes this even more amazing is that course is designed to give the advantage to men. Poles more than 5 ft apart? And many of those obstacles requiring upper body strength. Something that favors men over women.

    I hope she goes on to kick the asses of every man in the finals (or whatever, I don't watch this show and don't know the rules) and win the top spot over all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.