Friday, March 27, 2015

Dating website that caters to married cheaters claims that most of its clients are Christians. You don't say?

Courtesy of Raw Story:  

A dating website that helps people in the United Kingdom engage in extramarital affairs says that most of its members are of the Christian faith. 

The website IllicitEncounters.com said there are more than ten Christian adulterers for every one atheist. 

“It’s incredibly ironic that atheists are more faithful than Christians,” Claire Page, spokesperson for IllicitEncounters, said. “It proves the argument that what some people perceive as immoral – like adultery – isn’t increased by the lack of spiritual guidance. If the only reason you don’t kill someone, or steal, or covet thy neighbor’s wife, is because it tells you not to in the Bible, to me, that’s a lot more worrying.” 

“To me, that says you can’t think for yourself what is right and wrong. Besides, for us and our 987,000 customers, we don’t look at affairs like most people do. There are many reasons people have affairs, it’s not as black and white as some people think.” 

The website conducted a survey of its members, and found only 6 percent described themselves as atheists, while 64 percent classified themselves as Christian. 

“Often, non-believers have a better interpretation of what is wrong and right than believers,” psychologist Lucy Redford remarked in a statement released by IllicitEncounters.

Damn right we do.

Now some will quickly point out that this percentage makes sense considering how many Christians there are in the world. However we must remember that this is a UK site and recently we learned that Christians are now the minority in that part of the world.

Besides if your religion is supposedly the foundation of morality, and those who do not share your faith are considered lacking in morals, then what explains these numbers?

For the record I have never personally cheated on a spouse, though as a single man I have had a dalliance or three with women who were not similarly unattached.

Wanna guess how many considered themselves good Christian women? Try all of them.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:41 AM

    all the label labels labels. read doomsday and have your coin ready for the boatman, or perhaps? you have another plan for your spirit and soul?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:06 AM

      What's your plan, honey? I bet you think you're going right up to meet Jesus.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:46 AM

      I'm going to be cremated and my ashes are going under a huge pecan tree, that's it. There is no more. Unfortunately it's either cremation or have a huge amount of chemicals shoved in my body after parts are harvested ( remember folks, no matter what your age there are still things they can use, corneas, long bones for marrow, ligaments and tendons), otherwise I'd do the new tree thing, but I can't on my own property.

      What's your plan? St Pete gonna meet you and you're going to sit on a cloud? BTW a cloud is just water, so practice by floating in the air in your shower.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:05 AM

    I'm sure the atheists were just checking the "christian' box to skew the poll, right?
    OT sort of..my kids were subjected to questionnaires as high school students asking about alcohol and drug use, and frequency. My daughter, who never touches either, told me that afterwards, some kids said they had made up stuff just because. My son reported the same thing two years later.
    Now, I'm not saying that more Christians don't cheat on their spouses. Just that polls are not always what they seem, as we discover every election.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:48 AM

      We atheists don't feel the need to lie, it's only christians apparently that need to do that. And of course, your daughter has NEVER had a drink and we be a virgin when she marries, LMAO!

      Delete
  3. Quoting from the above:
    “Often, non-believers have a better interpretation of what is wrong and right than believers,” psychologist Lucy Redford remarked in a statement released by IllicitEncounters.

    Damn right we do.

    -- --
    I think you're conflating two different situations. This is a universe of cheaters, where a large majority is Christian. But that doesn't support the argument that I quote above: to do that, we'd need to know how many cheaters there are in a universe of Christians, and compare it to a similar measure for atheists.

    Nonetheless, this does look bad for Christians, who tend to work under the assumption that the number of Christian cheaters is 0.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Life after conservative faith: the defectors who leave ultra-Orthodox communities

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/27/ultra-orthodox-judaism-defectors-new-york

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, the narcissistic hypocrite Gryphen stepped in it this time.

    You claim to have morals superior to religious people and then you state "For the record I have never personally cheated on a spouse, though as a single man I have had a dalliance or three with women who were not similarly unattached."

    It appears you're bragging about having affairs with married women and then slut shame them in the same sentence. Let me clear this up. You did cheat on a spouse, theirs, it takes two to commit adultery. You have the nerve to condemn Silly Sarah for her adultery, but brag about yours, DAMN!!!

    So adultery by an atheist is ok?? No wonder you're not married anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:36 PM

      He is stating facts and he didn't break any marriage vows, those would have been broken by the person that made the vows. Kind of like when Sarah Palin was fucking Todd's business partner, Sarah broke her vows, no one else.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Gryphen, I hear ya! I had sex with quite a few married men because their wives were absolute bitches and these men needed some "sexual therapy". I don't believe in marriage so it wasn't a problem for me; not being christian marriage doesn't mean a whole lot in my book and any willing and able man who wants to have some "fun times" is fair game! It was really the most fun when the wives found out; they were fat bitches that had too many kids and ended up driving their men into the arms of a willing woman (me!) that just wanted to have fun instead of having them change diapers and spend all their money. Good times indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was never one to troll for married women or anything. However I have often worked in places where I was outnumbered by female employees and sometime unhappily married women, or female co-workers looking for fun, made me an offer I could not resist.

      Like I said while I was married, I respected the promise that I made, but with out those constraints I often made decisions based on lust rather than logic.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:15 PM

      Marriage is a christian constraint Gryphen, why did you do it? Were you a christian back then?

      Delete
    3. No but they were.

      I was just trying to be a grown up.

      I suck at being a grownup.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4:48 PM

    I used to work with a gal who loved dating married men and swore she never cheated on her husband before their divorce. I asked her one day why she seeks only married men, her oanswer totally confounded me "Because I want his wife to feel the pain and anguish I did when my husband cheated on me, and besides, If I didn't do it, someone else would"
    She goes to church every Sunday and brings the eucharist to shut in elderly people in her parish.
    I don't really care because it's none of my business, but isn't it a bit hypocritical?
    She's fine with it because God forgives everything. If one of the wives thought that way about guns, I wonder if she'd see the hypocrisy?

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.