Sunday, August 09, 2015

So you just know this is how Fox News is feeling after Thursday night's finale.

I know that Roger Ailes is quoted as saying that the Daily Show "Never made a dent in us."

But I think that the evidence suggests that he did far more than simply make a dent.

He convinced his audience to look at Fox through a skeptical lens, and to fact check the snot out of them.

I actually think that Fox News played even more clips of Stewart on their programs than he played of the stupid things Fox News said on his. 

And it wasn't just that the Daily Show fearlessly attacked the conservative cable news giant, it was that Stephen Colbert followed suit, as did the Tonight Show, Conan, Jimmy Kimmel, other cable news programs, blogs, etc., etc., etc.

And just because Jon Stewart is no longer on the front lines leading the charge, does not mean that the war is over by any stretch of the imagination.

3 comments:

  1. Maple5:54 AM

    "Jon Stewart never made a dent"? Gee, I wonder why Fox's demographics are skewing upwards into age-related senility every day.....maybe cuz the AVERAGE age (and I emphasize average) for The Daily Show has been 46.
    Methinks Stewart has made a major dent in Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:54 AM

    He turned my mother against Gretchen Carlson, for that alone he deserves an award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fit in quite nicely with the FOX demographic, and yet FOX has never made a dent in me.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.