Saturday, November 04, 2017

Title of new book by James Comey takes obvious and undeniable shot at Donald Trump.

Courtesy of Vox: 

Any thought that former FBI Director James Comey was going to fade away into a quiet retirement after being publicly disparaged and fired by President Trump has officially gone out the window. 

On Thursday, Axios revealed the title of Comey’s forthcoming (and much-anticipated) memoir — and it’s an explicit, defiant jab at the president. 

The book is titled A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership. It’s a direct reference to the now-infamous private dinner meeting between Comey and Trump at the White House in January in which the president demanded that Comey swear an oath of loyalty to him. 

Comey refused, promising Trump only that “You will always get honesty from me.”

I hope that last part is true because I am very interested in hearing some Comey honesty in this book.

I am currently in the middle of Stephen King's latest opus, but once I am finished with that I think Comey's book will be my next late night reading choice.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 AM

    I thought all of your friends claimed that you're too intellectual for Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:09 AM

    Hindsight wisdom: Although Comey wrote detailed notes about his interactions with Trump it would have been great if he had worn a wire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:56 AM

    Remember, Comey has a long time habit of writing VERY DETAILED NOTES down about every meeting.

    Let's hope that Mueller can see those notes about their dinner together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:08 AM

    You have time to read King and a few others, I'm afraid, Gryphen... Amazon says it won't be released until May 1. May there be many more indictments and impeachment/indictment by then. (!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:56 AM

    Looks like I’ll have to save up some bucks and buy the book.

    Birdbrain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:15 AM

    OT? Then why NOW?
    "“I thought of Hillary, and all the women in the country who were so proud of and excited about her. I could not do this to them,” she wrote."

    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/dnc-head-donna-brazile-considered-replacing-clinton-with-biden-after-candidate-fainted-during-campaign-report/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:23 PM

      She would have been wise to not share excerpts from her book until after Election Day.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous12:12 PM

    A few years ago Steven King was the most invited speaker to the National PRESS club. Even though I find some of his books too gory for my taste, there is no denying his great capacity to tell a story. Stand By Me, shawshank Redemption, Delores Clayborn,etc....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope he got a YUUUGE advance and that he’s got a nice big cut of the sales too. This book is going to shoot to the #1 spot fast.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.