Saturday, February 17, 2018

Barack Obama's retrospective job approval rating is 63%.

Courtesy of Gallup: 

Barack Obama's legacy appears to be on the right track, as 63% of Americans in hindsight say they approve of the way he handled his job. Gallup's first measure of Obama's retrospective job approval rating places him behind only John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan among the 10 most recent presidents. Richard Nixon is rated worst today for how he handled his job, with 28% approving.

Actually whoever typed this up made a mistake as George H. Bush is also rated higher than Obama by a point, which I find unacceptable.

I am also not pleased to see Jimmy Carter so far down the list, and Reagan at the top, as I do not believe this factually represents their contributions to this country.

I will say I fully expect that Obama's rating will only rise in the years to come, and that I would not be surprised if at some point he gave Ronnie a run for his money.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:59 AM

    Dumbya's ratings are only high for the time being because of his close proximity in time to Trump. He's a genius compared to the Dotard. Time will eventually move him near the bottom of the pack. As for Reagan, OY! A demented puppet of the GOP and nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:01 AM

    I think that President Obama's approval rating, while in office, was higher than that of many of the other presidents included in the list. President Kennedy, whom I have always greatly admired, was less popular in 1963 in part because he was moving in the right direction on civil rights and on other issues. I admit that it's hard for me to look at a graph like this because I've never admired our Republican presidents because, well, they were so Republican. Out of office, the Republican presidents seem to become more benign - especially with the passage of time.
    Beaglemom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I guess they left trump on the chart because it doesn't have room for negative numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:41 AM

    I'm so happy I lived during the time of President Obama and VP Biden in the White House. Feel so fortunate - especially when compared to this past year of Trump and his dastardly deeds.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.