Saturday, December 10, 2005

Walt Disney to replace Winnie the Pooh's Christopher Robin with a Lesbian.

Okay, okay, she is not really a lesbian. She is a six year old "tomboy". But trust me in about twenty years her families is going to receive some unpleasant news on Thanksgiving, or maybe during a cousins wedding.

I love these books. It was literally the first book I ever bought my daughter. And not the Disnified version either. I bought her the original by Christopher Milne. She loved them and I really enjoyed reading them to her. As a matter of fact, if she had been a boy she would have been named Christopher. But she is perfect just the way that she is.

What is wrong with Disney? Why do they feel the need to add dressed up mice, dishwashing birds, and talking owls to every great story that they animate? I grew up on Disney , but sometimes they are just a little too controlling for my tastes!

Besides isn't there already a little red-haired tomboy in the world of children's literature? Yes there is and her name is Pippi Longstocking. Now Pippi was clearly a budding lesbian, but more then that I think she might have been schizophrenic. We don't need another one of those.

To sum up, leave Christopher Robin alone. Young boys need a senstive caring role model to look up to in this time of war and strife in the world. They need to see that young boys can talk to inanimate objects and frolic in the woods with shorts and not be judged my unyielding male stereotypes.

(You don't think Christopher Robin is gay, do you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.