Thursday, March 16, 2006

BlondeSense is outing the Homophobes in Pennsylvania.

On Wednesday, March 1st, 2006, in Annapolis at a hearing on the proposed Constitutional Amendment to prohibit gay marriage, Jamie Raskin, professor of law at AU, was requested to testify.

At the end of his testimony, Republican Senator Nancy Jacobs said: "Mr. Raskin, my Bible says marriage is only between a man and a woman. What do you have to say about that?"

Raskin replied: "Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."

The room erupted into applause.

Damn! I wish I could have been in that room to see that ! What a profound statement in this day and age!

You know I am still searching the bible for definitive proof that God only wants men to marry women. So far I am not doing so well. But I did find this in Deuteronomy 22.

13 If a man takes a wife and, after lying with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, "I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,

Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him.

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death.

So while I am still uncertain whether or not God wants only men and women to marry, I am certain that if I marry a woman who is not a virgin I get to hit her with rocks!

I kind of wish I had known that two marriages ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.