Friday, March 17, 2006

Do the troops still support the war? Nope!

Among the findings by Zogby:

  • Only 23 percent agree with the President's position that we should "stay in Iraq as long as needed."
  • 85 percent of those surveyed felt they were fighting the war "to retaliate for Saddam's role in the 9-11 attacks," although the 9-11 commission in 2004 found "no credible evidence" that Iraq had cooperated with al-Qaida in the attacks.
  • 68 percent said they believed that the real reason for the war was simply to remove Saddam Hussein from power.
  • 40 percent say the Iraqi insurgency is mostly homegrown, with very little foreign involvement - a direct contradiction of claims by the Bush administration.
  • 55 percent flatly oppose using torture and other harsh interrogation methods on prisoners.
"Ninety-three percent said that removing weapons of mass destruction is not a reason for U.S. troops being there," says John Zogby, President and CEO of Zogby International. "Instead, that initial rationale went by the wayside and, in the minds of 68% of the troops, the real mission became to remove Saddam Hussein."

Every lie that Bush has told us is unraveling right before his eyes. I have never seen a presidency unravel this fast in my life. It took so long for anybody to see the light but the light is now shining too brightly for this adminstration to avoid.

This is what I have been writing about and hoping for since I started this humble little site. I have renewed confidence in my country and far more optimism then I have had for the last five years. It is like the clouds are parting, the sun is shining, and spring has arrived to warm my frozen landscape.

I still want this administration held accountable and brought up on criminal charges. To do that we need the Democrats to gain back control of the House and the Senate. For the first time I believe that is not only possible, I think it is probable.

Peace be with you my friends. For the first time in too long we can hope for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.