Friday, May 05, 2006

He was drunk!

Rep. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car near the Capitol early Thursday, and a police official said he appeared intoxicated. Kennedy said he had taken sleep medication and a prescription anti-nausea drug that can cause drowsiness.

Kennedy, D-R.I., addressed the issue after a spate of news reports. His initial statement said, "I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident."

Later, however, he issued a longer statement saying the attending physician for Congress had prescribed Phenergan on Tuesday to treat Kennedy's gastroenteritis, an inflammation of the stomach and intestines.

Kennedy said he returned to his Capitol Hill home on Wednesday evening after a final series of votes in Congress and took "prescribed" amounts of Phenergan and Ambien, another prescribed drug that he occasionally takes to fall asleep.

"Some time around 2:45 a.m., I drove the few blocks to the Capitol Complex believing I needed to vote," his second statement said. "Apparently, I was disoriented from the medication."

Oh please! Why can't these people just admit they made a stupid mistake and then take their lumps? You were drunk! Prescription medication is the standard excuse used by drunk people to try and get away with driving drunk!

And for God's sake you're a Kennedy! Nobody expects you to get through your entire adult life without wrecking at least one car, or boat, in a drunk driving accident. Relax, it is your family heritage just go with it.

But stop lying! That just makes you sound like a Republican! Be a man and tell the public that you got a little drunker then you realized and made a terrible error in judgement and then turn it around and launch a drinking awareness program in your district.

I don't expect my politicians to be perfect but I would really like it if they could start telling me that the damn truth!

Update: His story is now that he was on Ambien and some other prescription medication. I am sorry but I still don't believe him, and even if I did why was he taking a sleeping pill and then driving his car? Well at least he is going into a rehab center so that is worth something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.