Sunday, August 13, 2006

Is Hezbollah only pretending to attack Israel?

I know that this headline may sound a little flip but I started wondering when I read this:

Hezbollah fired more than 250 rockets at northern Israel, the worst daily barrage since fighting started July 12. Missiles killed an Israeli man and wounded 53 people.

"Killed an Israeli man". An, as in one, man killed after 250 missiles were lobbed in to Israel. How can you fire 250 missiles into a populated area and only kill one person?

Now look I am not advocating the they kill more people, I am just sort of confused by the inaccuracy of their aim. I mean how much does one of these missiles cost? Are they made to just make a lot of noise and do not real harm? I literally think that more people were killed by fireworks this 4th of July in America then have died from Hezbollah missile attacks.

And I think it is worth noting that Israel has been far more successful at tallying up the kills:

Israel then launched an air and ground offensive, and 4 1/2 weeks of combat has killed at least 789 people in Lebanon — mostly civilians.

It all seems terribly one sided doeesn't it? I am not trying to play favorites, and yes I know that there are over 152 Israeli dead, but 113 of them were soldiers! It is a little different when a uniformed combatant loses his life in a war then when civilians are blown to pieces in their own homes!

And the idea that in a few hours this will come to a halt, at least temporarily, just makes the whole thing seems so brutally senseless. Am I the only one who finds all of this bizarre and horrible?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.