Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Just like the Lieberman/Lamont upset we Alaskans have our own unbeatable incumbent that is getting the boot.

Former Wasilla mayor Sarah Palin knocked embattled incumbent Gov. Frank Murkowski out of office in the Republican primary race for governor Tuesday, setting the stage for a general election showdown with former two-term Democratic Gov. Tony Knowles and for a potential shake-up in her own party.

Palin’s advantage looked insurmountable while Knowles walloped lesser-known challenger Eric Croft, an Anchorage state representative, after a wild election day marked by flooding in the soggy Mat-Su Valley, downpours in Anchorage and a Murkowski campaign volunteer falling victim to stray gunfire.

Throughout the primary, candidates for governor told voters why they’d do a better job than Murkowski, but with the incumbent out of the race, the contest changes. Now they must sell Alaskans on the way they’ll launch a much-anticipated natural gas pipeline and how they plan to steer the state from here.

I have a number of conflicting emotions running through my mind right now.

I am a huge fan and constant supporter of Democrat Tony Knowles. However I am rapidly becoming enamored of the fresh new Republican face of Sarah Palin.

I mean look at her. She is hot! And she has integrity. Real honesty and integrity. My nipples are erect!

I mean what is a liberal to do when confronted with a tried and true Democratic candidate and a new brand of ethical Republican? Do I just vote the party line? Or do I believe that there exists the possiblity that there is a Republican who is honest and uncorruptable? My head hurts.

I need to go eat some brie and wash it down with a latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.