Sunday, September 10, 2006

There will be no blogging about our grim anniversary tomorrow.

I am not going to add my opinions or feelings concerning the fifth anniversary of a day that broke my heart. I do not want to recognize the day so that the individuals who perpetrated it can feel smug and satisfied that they made such a monumental impact on our nation.

I wish that all of our other media outlets would follow my example. I have been seeing the terrible footage replayed since the middle of last week. I have had to revisit my horror over and over again. It is not enjoyable for me.

I think that a quiet rememberance would be appropriate but this constant rehashing and re-analyzing is ridiculous. How much more credit do we want to give Bin Laden and al-Qaida for shaking us to our core? How about we show them that we have moved on and that their attack may have injured us but it did not maim us. How about we talk about the many good things that we are doing in our country to show that we are still capable of wonderful creations and positive progress?

We have taken a rag tag group of angry fanatics and raised them up beside the greatest enemies that America has ever faced. So Bin Laden gets to join the greatest boogeymen of our past, Hitler and Stalin, and he will be used to scare us into accepting whatever America does in our name to keep us safe from these monsters. He is now being used as a tool to keep us afraid.

And I am tired of it!

I am tired of being afraid. I want to be happy and healthy. And that is what I choose. What do you choose?

Anyhow tomorrow you will find nothing about it here. If you want to rehash it you will find plenty of opportunities. But not here. Here I will have moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.