Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Too much testosterone kills brain cells. Damn that makes me so mad and..uh..um...I lost my train of thought.

Too much testosterone can kill brain cells, researchers said on Tuesday in a finding that may help explain why steroid abuse can cause behavior changes like aggressiveness and suicidal tendencies.

Tests on brain cells in lab dishes showed that while a little of the male hormone is good, too much of it causes cells to self-destruct in a process similar to that seen in brain illnesses such as Alzheimer's.

"Too little testosterone is bad, too much is bad but the right amount is perfect," said Barbara Ehrlich of Yale University in Connecticut, who led the study.

Testosterone is key to the development, differentiation and growth of cells and is produced by both men and women, although men produce about 20 times more of the hormone.

I produce 50 times the usual amount of testosterone, according to statistics I just pulled out of my ass.

It is just stupid to say that someone can have too much testosterone. That is like saying your penis can be too big or that you have too much hair on your back. It is just flat wrongheaded. I cannot accept that kind of thinking!

If I did not have so much testosterone I might sit around writing poetry all day and getting all misty at kleenex commercials or something. Uh oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.