Monday, March 31, 2008

Hey Keith just quoted my t-shirt!

I am sitting here watching Countdown (Like I do everyday at this time), and I hear him say "Cogito ergo sum".

I have a black t-shirt that I had made with that very same quote on it! How cool is that?

I often wear it to work, and refused to explain what it meant to anybody for the first two months that I wore it. This forced a number of them to look it up because it was driving them crazy. There were a couple of geniuses who were able to figure it out, but most were Catholics who had some knowledge of Latin.

Anyhow I just think it was really cool that Olbermann said it on the air. Okay geeky moment is now over.

(No I will not tell you what it means. But feel free to look it up.)

3 comments:

  1. you radical you...wearing Latin on your clothes....driving folks crazy ....( they have a hard enough time with English)....


    ( hmmm, it would go nicely with my E.Pluribus Unum shirt.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, now you are reminding me of my husband's favorite college sweatshirt:

    Ontogeny Recapulates Phylogeny

    I don't think I've ever worn Latin. My Dom Perignon t-shirt probably doesn't count.

    I saw the Olbermann piece tonight. Very cool, especially when he gave the fuller explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.