Friday, March 28, 2008

This is not "Martial Arts" and these parents should be charged with child abuse.



I don't even know where to begin to express my outrage at this garbage.

For one thing I think this MMA is total bullshit. It is the lowest form of fighting competition in my eyes. The idea of pummeling your already supine opponent until they are unconscious, tap out, or the fight is stopped by the officials is barbaric to me.

And I am not exactly a neophyte to this type of aggressive activity.

I trained in the Martial Arts when I was very young and competed before I was in my teens. I even competed against adults. But we had rules and guidelines which ensured that the injuries to either combatant would be slight.

Even in real conflicts outside of the purview of referees and adults I knew that when my opponent hit the ground I was to stop hitting them. There is difference between a Martial Artist and a thug.

I have taught adult men, and women, and children the beauty of the Martial Arts. I taught them to understand and expand the limitations of their bodies, to understand the power of breath, and to rejoice in the stretching and strengthening benefits of the complex movements. I taught them to only use the amount of force necessary to achieve victory, and to recognize when their opponent cannot go on.

These people have taken away any sense of art and replaced it with simple brutality. I know that the past masters of the Martial Arts would be ashamed. I know I am.

1 comment:

  1. unreal..why isn't this Child Endangerment ?

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.