Saturday, March 29, 2008

The best phone call a Liberal Pinko Anti-war Obama supporting dad could ever get.

My 20 year old daughter called me yesterday.

With a question.

About politics.

I am so proud.

She wanted me to find a spreadsheet that demonstrated the differences between Obama and Hillary. Apparently she is having a "discussion" with somebody about why Obama is better and wanted me to help provide her with the hard facts.

I told her that the main differences between Obama and Hillary had more to do with style and personality rather then with policy or issues.

She volunteered that Hillary was not a nice person, and was using destructive tactics to attain the nomination. She was also aware of the Reverend Wright controversy and said it reminded her of one of her pastors. And it did nothing to change her opinion of Barack Obama.

All in all my daughter and I were in total agreement on something political. I cannot express how gratifying that was.

If I can share this amazing opportunity with my only child I know I will never have a more fulfilling experience with politics then the one I am having right now.

So I have a message to Hillary from my daughter and I.

"Get out of our candidates way! This is our time! This is our candidate! And we will not be denied!".

That is the least a father can do for his daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, a well raised child is a beautiful thing - and a voter too!

    The excitement and energy I see in this generation reminds me of the excitement and energy we had with Bobby Kennedy, Dr. King and Paul Wellstone.

    I hope and pray that this round turns out better, certainly the times are much more dire.

    I'm enjoying your blog, thanks, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh so nice....WONDERFUL.....yahooooooooo...there is nothing better...

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.