Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hardball's Chris Matthews is even more screwed then you think he is.

Tim -- as in Russert, the inquisitive jackhammer host of "Meet the Press" -- is a particular obsession of Matthews's. Matthews craves Russert's approval like that of an older brother. He is often solicitous.

A number of people I spoke with at NBC said that Russert can be disdainful of Matthews, whose act he often sees as clownish. They also told me that Russert believes Matthews is something of a loose cannon who brings him undue headaches in his capacity as NBC's Washing-ton bureau chief.

Friends say Matthews is wary of another up-and-comer, David Gregory, who last month was given a show at 6 o'clock, between airings of "Hardball." It is a common view around NBC that Gregory is trying out as a possible replacement for Matthews.
According to people at NBC, Matthews has not been shy in voicing his resentment of Olbermann. Nor, according to network sources, has Olbermann bothered to hide his low regard for Matthews, although when I spoke to him, Olbermann denied any personal animosity toward Matthews and told me that he appreciates his "John Madden-like enthusiasm for politics."
I knew he hated Keith!
I have started watching Matthews again after taking a break during the early part of the political season. He says something stupid in every one of his shows, but I have learned to just ignore his moronic comments because he often covers things in the news that only Keith covers. I like to hear a lot of takes on news story. I sometimes watch the same story covered on three or four different shows and networks. I may need psychiatric help.
And by the way, as much as I don't really like Matthews, he is vastly better then the bland David Gregory who is like a talking head version of beige.

1 comment:

  1. husband puts Matthews on everyday, but usually we find ourselves just waiting for him to eff-up. He never disappoints! The way he short-mics his guests, it's a wonder any of them ever return.

    I agree about David Gregory. I thought I would like his show because I've found him to be one of the better questioners at the presidential pressers. But after gutting through 2 shows, I've stopped watching him. Boring!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.