Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I drove her to the clinic and gave her $300, how was I to know she was getting an abortion?

Erickson, a Lake Oswego businessman, is the Republican candidate in Oregon's 5th Congressional District and is running on an anti-abortion platform. The charge that he provided money to Tawnya nearly derailed his campaign for the May 20 primary and could hobble his chances in the Nov. 4 general election against state Sen. Kurt Schrader, D-Canby.

"I asked him, 'Are you sure you don't want a baby?' " she said. "He shook his head. I opened the door, got out bawling and crossed the street and walked up to the clinic."

Erickson, 45, said he dated Tawnya "for a couple of months." He told The Oregonian he didn't remember many details about their relationship, including where they met or when they dated. He said she betrayed no emotion during the car ride.

"Did I pay for an abortion? Absolutely not," Erickson said.

Conservatives are all gung-ho about stopping abortions and vilifying the doctors who perform them until they face the possibility of paying thousands of dollars in child support, or spending a lifetime married to a women who only looks hot with beer goggles on.

I often wonder if there is even one Republican politician who is not suffering from terminal hypocrisy. Actually I am pretty sure I know the answer to that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.