Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Sunday love letter to Angelina Jolie.


I am just a man.

And as a man I am often rendered mute at the stunning sight of Angelina Jolie.

It is not just that she is unbelievably beautiful, she is. It is not just that she exudes sexuality, she does. It is not just that she is an amazing actress, she is.

No, it is that she is all of these things and then something a little bit darker. Dangerous. And then something else which is lighter. Generous.

So dangerous that if your husband makes a movie with her you may lose him. So generous that she spends much of her time as an ambassador bringing the needs of children and refuges to the attention of the media and to the floor of the U.N.

There are lots of beautiful women in the world. But few who can cover themselves in ugly tattoos and still leave a man in a puddle at her feet. And few who would take the cause of rescuing children around the world so personally that she opens her home and her heart to them.

I will confess that the movie "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" is one of my favorites and I never tire of throwing it into my DVD player and sitting back to enjoy the ride.

I am absolutely going to make sure I see her new movie this next weekend. It is called "Wanted" and it looks like a lot of fun. Besides my daughter, who is a bigger Angelina fan then I am, will give me endless crap if I miss it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:48 PM

    I love your description of Angelina Jolie. She is a goddess among mere sheep. I am also amazed at how beautiful she can be.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.