Friday, October 31, 2008

Author Erica Jong warns that an Obama loss will spark a second American Civil War.

Erica Jong, author of "Fear of Flying" among other books has become very concerned that this election will be stolen from the Democrats again.

Here are some of the things she has written about her fears:

"The record shows that voting machines in America are rigged."

"If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

"Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act."

To be honest I have worried about many of these same outcomes on November 4th. And that was one of the reasons that Obama and his supporters have stressed how important it is to get out the vote. If this thing turns into a landslide for Obama, then the Republicans cannot steal it from us.

But I have stopped worrying recently.

I have seen such amazing people, doing such amazing work, being led by such an amazing candidate, that I simply cannot see how this thing does not work out the way we all expect that it will.

Barack Obama has tried to get us to embrace hope again in our lives.

I have done that, and it brings me great peace.

If I could speak to Erica Jong I would tell her to have no fear, that change really is coming in just a few more days.

And I would tell all of you reading this to please volunteer to make some phone calls, or go door to door, or make a donation, and certainly not forget to vote, so that Ms. Jong and the rest of America can finally breathe a sigh of relief. We could all use a good nights sleep after this is over.

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely use some sleep that is for sure - all I can do is watch the news, read the web for news updates and think about what will happen Nov. 4.

    Obama does feel me with hope and peace - I try to do try to focus on that as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working Saturday, Sunday and taking a vacation day on tuesday so that I can help. We all gotta kick in right now and do everything we can.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.