Saturday, October 04, 2008

I participated in the Obama rally today, and spied on the McCain/Palin rally as well. I have been a naughty, naughty blogger!

Well I am just going to give you the perfunctory overview of what happened today in Anchorage.

I went to the Obama rally downtown. It was chilly and cloudy, not the wonderful clear skies of our last rally, but I do live in Alaska after all so what can I expect?

I met up with Shannyn Moore and we swapped some info about posts we are both working on, and possibly some DNA as a result of the full body hug that I received, which occurred right before she introduced me to her boyfriend. Awkward!

Then I caught up with AK Muckraker from Mudflats, awho said that they were thinking of going over the McCain/Palin rally when it started about an hour later. I thought that sounded like fun and offered to tag along.

So after hanging out at the Obama rally, which looked to be about 1,200 people strong despite the inclement weather, Muckraker and I headed to the Dena’ina Convention Center where the other rally was being held.

When we arrived the first thing I noticed was how quiet it was. Unlike the Obama rally there was not very much energy pouring from the room that contained the so called rally. And when we walked through the doors we quickly understood why.

There were only about 300 to 350 people in the room at the very most. But the most pathetic thing is how they had them ALL scrunched together up near the stage to make it look like more people for the cameras. If you look at the picture that my friend Muckraker took below you can see what I mean.




So we arrived in time to here Sarah Palin addressing her fans on the phone, and witnessed a few Republican candidates mount the stage, genuflect to the importance of being Palin, and then ask for our support, and then we had had enough and made for the door to head back to the rally that did not look like somebody had just died.

All in all it was beyond pathetic. I will post more tomorrow when Muckraker posts the rest of the pictures taken at the events. (There is even has one of Palin spokesperson Meg Stapleton, who surprisingly did not have either horns nor tail. I think I lost a bet on that.)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 PM

    I missed you again, Gryphen. I'm not surprised, though, since there were so many people there today.

    Gee, that Palin rally looks like there's only about 100 people. Sad, since this is supposed to be "Palin Country." Guess those fired-up Republicans had better things to do on a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...the empty chairs say it ALL..wow...dogone-it ...
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:50 AM

    Someone in Alaska should try getting close enough to Bristol and Trig to get a sample of their DNA and this nightmare would all be over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, that Palin "crowd" is small.

    We went to the recent rally for North Georgia Democrats and saw at least 500 people (and how many Democrats do you think actually live here? HA!)

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.