Thursday, December 18, 2008

Walt Monegan to run for Mayor of Anchorage!

Walt Monegan just answered a phone call and confirmed he plans to file a letter of intent Friday with the Alaska Public Offices Commission.

A longtime Anchorage cop who rose to become chief of police, Monegan said people have been talking to him about running for office since before he left the city.

His much-publicized ouster as the state's public safety commissioner in a dispute with Gov. Sarah Palin last summer "certainly gave me the opportunity," Monegan said.

Monegan said he didn't want to talk in any detail about his campaign plans or issues he wants to pursue until his state paperwork has been filed.

He will be entering a race that already has eight candidates, including former state Rep. Eric Croft, former West Anchorage Assemblyman Dan Sullivan, East Anchorage Assemblywoman Sheila Selkregg and former police spokesman Paul Honeman.


Well it looks like I will be dusting off my campaign hat again and jumping right back into fundraising, making telephone calls, and canvassing neighborhoods.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in again." Sorry I had a Godfather flashback.

Well I am very excited, we have been talking about the possibility of Monegan running for office for quite some time now.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Is Walt a Democrat? I worry that all these Democrats will divide the vote and Dan Sullivan (ick!) will waltz to a victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am not sure if he is a Democrat or not.

    But he has integrity and that is in short supply lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna love this:
    http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2008/12/bristol-palins-baby-daddys-mommy-busted.html

    Talk about "trailer trash"

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.