Monday, January 26, 2009

I just received this e-mail last night from Bob Poe.

Hi Gryphen, sorry for the slow reply. I'm embarrassed to say that I am just now mastering our g-mail accounts. I read your piece the evening it came out. It really was quite a surprise and you were quite kind. I also enjoyed meeting you and found our conversation fun and stimulating. (Do you hear that? The possible future Governor of our state described our conversation as "fun and stimulating". Well I guess that proves Mr. Poe is a WONDERFUL judge of character and easily entertained.)

Keep up the good work, I think bloggers really are changing the face, and the pace, of the media in the world today.
("changing the face, and pace, of media in the world today". Wow! Mr. Poe is clearly a visionary who realizes just how vitally important pajama clad anonymous bloggers are to the future of politics in Alaska and the rest of the world.)

Best regards,

Bob Poe


(Here is the link to the post that Mr. Poe is referring to in the above e-mail.)

I had a little fun with Mr. Poe's e-mail, but to be honest I was very honored that he took the time to respond. I am also very pleased that he found our conversation stimulating. This idea of interviewing candidates and politicians is kind of a new one for me, as I usually just sit back and let loose with the snark. However I hope that I am improving in that area and can bring a different perspective then the usual news outlets do to the character and personalities of these individuals who may some day be the most powerful people in our state.

4 comments:

  1. Gryphen,

    You just got a HUGE hat tip...

    Great Job my friend..

    http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/emmonak-story-goes-national

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Annette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome my friend... your hard work is paying off... I just wanted to point you in the right direction .. I didn't need you to thank me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Congrats! And thanks for what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.