Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You can help CNN report the Emmonak situation to the world.

My friend Dennis Zaki is a free lance cameraman who has contacted CNN and been given the go ahead to get the story for them.

The only problem is because Dennis is "freelance" he only gets paid AFTER he delivers the video. So to help Dennis get to Emmonak I am providing a pay pal button that you can use to donate money to help him show the entire world just how negligent our governor has been when it comes to caring for the needs of her constituents.

Here is the donate button:







Thank you again for your generosity.

When Dennis gets this footage I will post it here so you can see what your donation helped to reveal to the world.

Update: I just received this e-mail from Dennis in answer to my question about how much he had raised so far: as of 6:58pm $1,120.

I will give my money to Dennis personally tomorrow when I see him. Ultimately he needs around $2,000, and any extra he receives he has pledged to the city of Emmonak.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:16 PM

    Donated to get the story out.

    Thanks for the great blog and for posting about this -- your site was the first at which I read about it.

    Great job, keep fighting the good fight, you anonymous blogger you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Do you think Dennis would be willing to update you re: funds he's received, so that you can pass the news on to your readers?

    I'd be really interested in knowing how close he is to his goal. Wish that I could fund the entire trip!

    SMR (that other comment was mine too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I donated, too.

    And I also posted an Unfiltered Letter to the Editor at the ADN, with a special shout-out to Sarah "Nero" Palin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:05 PM

    I donated, also, Gryphen. As commenters on HuffingtonPost suggested, this may be Sarah's "Katrina moment."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:40 PM

    Hey check out Bob Poe's comments on the Emmonak situation...he's paying attention...

    http://www.themudflats.net/2009/01/14/hey-rural-alaska-imagine-a-new-and-better-governor/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I donated too.

    I'm anxious to see what the total gets to before midnight AK time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..Ok the button is not working....Any other sites accepting donations?

    ReplyDelete
  8. TeamSarah.org already has a special topic dedicated to Bob Poe. I guess they're angry that someone would have the temerity to challenge their Sarah...

    It's a wonder any of them have the energy to carry on in their personal lives, what with all the angry e-mails, suing people who say bad things about SP, hating (other) anonymous bloggers, and unquestioning tongue-bathing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Glad to donate. Thanks for giving us the heads up on this situation, Gryphen!

    I. for one, heart bloggers!!!

    VR

    ReplyDelete
  10. At last I was able to help in a practical way! I couldn't have sent sent a cheque from France, it wouldn't have worked and would have taken ages anyway.

    My husband just remarked that the internet is the best thing ever invented.

    We're glad to be able to help the communities of rural Alaska and, importantly, help to show the world who your Governor really is.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. donated!!

    is there anything else we can do to help?? Some way to donate canned goods, funds for oil? Is there an Alaskan charity or church who set up a specific fund - I'm sure lots of folks would want to help out and could help spread the word

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've posted about the situation on my blog to help spread the word.

    I was glad to see an article on huffington post about the situation, so I hope the word is getting out there and support will reach the folks who need it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.