Thursday, March 19, 2009

After having her faulty gas pipeline plans exposed on Portfolio.com Governor Sarah does a quick turnaround.

Gov. Sarah Palin surprised state legislators Wednesday by indicating she is willing to negotiate how much the state taxes natural gas in order to attract oil companies to a pipeline project.

"We are open to changes in the state's fiscal structure to allow this project to happen. ... We are open to whatever it takes to make sure that this project happens for our state and for our country," Palin told reporters.
(Translation: "Uh oh! Somebody saw through my bullshit!")

Palin's comments came as she defended her approach to trying to secure a natural gas pipeline to the Lower 48. She's reacting to critics in and out of the Legislature. Two state representatives are pushing a resolution asking Palin to re-evaluate the state's award of a natural gas pipeline license to TransCanada, a Canadian pipeline firm. A writer in the business magazine Portfolio also this week wrote what Palin called a "hit piece" blaming her for the state not having a pipeline.

The headline on the story, by author Joe McGinniss, said: "Forget 'Drill, baby, drill.' Sarah Palin says she's building a $40 billion gas pipeline, which even President Obama wants. The only problem: It isn't there. And it's her fault."

"That headline was idiotic," Palin said.
(And if ANYBODY understands idiocy it has to be Sarah Palin!)

Legislators were surprised to hear Palin express a willingness to put gas taxes on the table in discussions with the oil companies -- who control the huge North Slope gas reserves and are needed to make a pipeline project happen. But Palin said it has always been her position.

"That's the first I've heard of it," said Anchorage Republican Rep. Mike Hawker. "It contradicts what her people said in committee."


I guess I am supposed to be impressed that the Governor is now reevaluating things and learning to read the writing on the wall, but what I cannot help but notice is that she is simply reacting to bad publicity again.

Essentially you can make Sarah Palin do anything if you just point out something bad about her in the media. She just hates that!

Accuse her of not being Trig's mother, she tells the whole world her teenage daughter is pregnant. Show how vapid she is in a national television interview, she attacks the "gotcha" media. Make fun of her on a late night comedy show, she shows up as a guest to play herself. Start talking about the fact that her daughter supposedly gave birth but nobody has seen the baby, and you get the carefully planned Greta Van Susteren interview.

She is like a trained poodle. Just hold up the flaming hoop and notify the public that she is afraid of fire. Trust me she will jump through it.

I think I will start a rumor that Palin has breast implants. Maybe she will flash the camera. I know at least one cameraman who would be very happy to get that shot!

26 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Maybe time to make her look mean and viscious with the hunting issues?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought this article was interesting. I am wondering who finally talked to her and convinced her to change her view. Of course most of us know or should know its hard to pipe oil, gas, etc. if you treat the cow badly they will not produce. I guess it just takes some a whole lot longer and being ridiculed to get the point.

    But as you stated she is only reacting. She is simply clueless and looks like a damn idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Speaking of Greta, did everyone see this?
    thinkprogress.org/2009/03/18/greta-husband-palin/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:17 AM

    I'm with your FEDUP, if enough people respond to this and not let her wave her hand in dismiss, and say "they" don't understand how it really is here in Alaska; it will stop. As we all know the governor loves adoration more than anything. She has just never gotten over the beauty queen thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:39 AM

    O/T: I am having problems for the last few days with your website, Gryphen: It seems there is some kind of adware/spyware that wants to embed whenever I come here, and often my computer closes down all the programs I might have running at that time... (Tried to contact you privately, but couldn't find an email addy...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:44 AM

    I'm having the same problem as Fedup. In fact I have been since visiting your site. My computer does not like your site, which is awful, since I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Palin's distractions...

    Please review Dr. Fineberg's site regarding the pipeline.

    http://www.finebergresearch.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the same problem with the adware/spyware thing and it turned out to be a virus which had to be eliminated. I had my brother do it for me because I didn't have any idea how to do it. It was not associated with any particular site as far as I know.

    Just a hint, the symptoms sound exactly the same but in my case it was an escalating thing which started with warning that I wasn't protected etc. Then if finally started shutting down my computer. Check around for mor info and if you're interested, I'll phone my brother and find out what the name of the virus was/is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am having the problem too, and its making me crazy. Not crazy enough to stay away from the site...I am addicted!

    Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix it? I always get an error message when I am done and it wont let me close down the site without shutting down my whole system. No biggie...but just wondered if anyone knew what I could do.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:30 PM

    I'm anon from 10.44. I'm not having the problem on any other site....just here.It keeps telling me that internet explorer has encountered a problem with an add on (flash adobe I think) and then the system either shuts down or alternatively just hangs. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Hey you guys having problems, are you on Explorer or firefox?
    Firefox is better a combating sypware. Mudflats has a link to go download it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:46 PM

    I'm on Explorer, but I have Firefox too. I might try that..thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Explorer here, too... Have Macaffee as virus protection.
    The problem I am having only happens with this site, and it only started recently (maybe a week or so ago). Is also VERY slow in uploading nowadays. :/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:30 PM

    I'm trying Firefox now, and it loaded much more quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard of this slow loading problem before. But never the spyware issue.

    As far as I am aware thee is nothing nefarious attached to the site. I just loaded it myself using IE which I never use anymore.

    However if you want to visit ALL site without worrying about security issues, I would suggest changing your browser to Google Chrome. The browser is ungodly fast and NEVER has security issues.

    Firefox is also a good alternative. O even Safari, which you can now use on all computers not just Apple.

    I had a lot of problems with Internet Explorer in the old days and am SO much happier now hat I am no longer using it.

    This site is very media intense since i really like embeds and such, but I will apologize for any inconvenience. I really do want people to visit here trouble free.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gryphen, I'm having the same problem as the others, but I don't think it's spyware. I have a pretty robust McAfee security suite that filters out everything nasty.

    But I think whatever script you're using is giving Microsoft Explorer fits, because that's what I usually get, a script running error -- and the alert box telling me that won't even close down once the problem appears.

    -----------

    Edit: Finally read your note, above. :)

    Google Chrome, eh? Hmmm. I've had Firefox recommended to me, too, but it had issues I didn't like at the time (3-4 yrs ago).

    ReplyDelete
  17. for the record, not having any problems on mac safari.

    i have a pipeline question, which the mcginnis article brought up:

    no matter who tries to build it, it physically MUST pass through a whole lot of canada, and a lot of that is first nations/native territory and/or rather undeveloped terrain. isn't this going to provide many obstacles to ever building it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. (switched over to Google Chrome -- still getting used to it, but so far so good, here at IM -- thanx for the suggestion)

    p.s. my word verif is "nesinut"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Download the latest version of Firefox. Use avast! as your virus scanner. Never have any problems. Internet Explorer is a virus magnet!

    It's quite possible, even with all efforts to get this pipeline built, the Canadian First Nations will not allow it to happen. Their input does not seem to be of great importance in this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous9:48 PM

    Why would anyone want to work with Palin on a long-term project like a possible pipe-line?? She's already doing robo-calls to Iowa and NH (see themudflats.net). One of the questions the robo-calls is asking is if the respondent thinks it's important if Palin gets re-elected as gov. Does this sound like a politician who's interested in Alaska's long-term future? Alaskans should know that Palin wants the "advice" of Iowans and NH folks about whether to ditch Alaska for the big stage!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i think "governor winky" is the most unqualified politician in america. and i hate her for hurting real people as she fills a post she can't handle.

    politics is supposed to be more than a bigger, better pageant! god, i wish she'd gotten a job at ESPN instead!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope the publicity about her turning down stimulus money regarding education and rural issues will get her to do a 180. Who the h*ll cares if Iowa wants her reelected governor of AK? Oooh, maybe we can get her to go be gov. there!

    running Firefox with a seriously slow rural AK dsl connection and the site loads quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous9:49 AM

    FWIW: I haven't changed any of my settings, and today, I have NO PROBLEMS with your site... Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My problem was exactly what KaJo explained. Today...not at all, and I havent changed anything. lol...NOTHING could keep me from this site.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've had the freeze/ close my browser thing happen, too, quite often with this site, especially if I have more than two tabs open. And I do use firefox with all the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous5:55 PM

    I agree firefox and avast anti-virus, i have no problems.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.