Tuesday, April 07, 2009

If you live in Anchorage then the most important thing you can do today is VOTE.



I am not one to believe people should chose a candidate based on endorsements. Which is why I am not going to give any this morning.

I am just going to throw up two random pictures of two candidates. One for mayor and one for school board.

Personally I am going to make my choice based on integrity, honesty, ethical fortitude, and possibly being one of the few people to stand up to our Governor.

However I definitely want to make sure that people avoid voting for Dan Sullivan. Wrong guy, wrong choice, wrong future for my city. Let's show the Republicans that they can no longer throw money at a candidate and buy our vote. Personally I hold my vote as precious and it cannot be bought, or influenced, by big money from special interest groups.

(By the way just for clarification. That is Walt Monegan on the left, who is running for mayor, and Jody Smith on the right, who is running for the school board.)

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 AM

    what a loaded piece of shit post...
    two random pictures? are we talking two random candidates as well...

    not endorsing? suuuure...
    i think this blog should be renamed to the idiot minority...

    just because monegan was unfairly shafted hardly qualifies the man for mayor...

    if that were the case, than anyone would be worthy of your half assed indirect endorsement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:32 AM

    i actually do more often than not... and most of the time agree...

    i just think today was a bit indirect, and feel pretty strongly about monegan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:29 AM

    Gryph! What kind of crap is that? Not endorsing and then sticking a picture of Walt Monegan up???

    Here's the skivvy. You just wrote it is important NOT to elect Dan Sullivan. By voting for someone like Walt Monegan-nice guy; he stood up to Palin....so did you-Great) YOU ARE VOTING FOR DAN SULLIVAN! Jesus H Christ GRYPH!!! How could you allow your heart to betray your head???

    The only person that can beat Dan Sullivan in a runoff is Eric Croft. AND, if either Sheila or Matt is elected (neither can beat Dan), we give up a progressive assembly seat. The Anchorage Assembly has been Conservative for far too long.

    The only Choice is ERIC CROFT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mlaiuppa11:55 AM

    Wow, just look at all of the posters taking advantage of being "anonymous". Just scroll down to name/url and you can put in your name. Or even a handle.

    Monegan has name recognition. If you don't want Dan Sullivan, you have to find the strongest candidate that can defeat him. That's not necessarily the most qualified. Just the one that can win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:04 PM

    I like the pictures!


    Also, I like that you thanked the visitor who wants to name the blog after him/herself, also, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Walt may be alright. I voterd for Croft but could have went with Walt without feeling I had wasted my vote. Jody Smith is another story. If this is the same Jody Smith that is married to Curtis Smith that is all it took for me to give her a big thumbs down. The influence at home would be just way too much for me to give her my vote. I have heard Curtis Smith too many times on the radio spew his right wing rhetoric.

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.