Monday, July 27, 2009

Sarah Palin's final speech as Governor of Alaska. Get ready for some word "fruit" salad because this one has big chunks of crazy in it..


"In the winter time it’s the frozen road that is competing with the view of ice fogged frigid beauty, the cold though, doesn’t it split the Cheechakos from the Sourdoughs? And then in the summertime such extreme summertime about a hundred and fifty degrees hotter than just some months ago, than just some months from now, with fireweed blooming along the frost heaves and merciless rivers that are rushing and carving and reminding us that here, Mother Nature wins."

For those of you who do not live in Alaska "Cheechakos' are what we call newbies that come to Alaska for the permanent fund dividends and "Sourdoughs" are the people who have been up here since before everybody got all fancy with indoor plumbing and electricity. "Fireweeed" is a beautiful, and very aggressive weed that Alaskan gardeners battle every summer. In Anchorage it managed to win so thoroughly that we gave up and named a road after it.

It is as throughout all Alaska that big wild good life teeming along the road that is north to the future.

Hey it is not just "big wild". It is not just "wild and good". No in Alaska it is "big", "wild", AND "good". And it is "teeming" right next to our roads. Jealous yet? I have no idea what point she was trying to make here.

“How can that pessimism be, when proof of our greatness, our pride today is that we produce the great proud volunteers who sacrifice everything for country?”

"Careful Governor, you got a little piece of irony on that big honking flower that you are wearing on your lapel." Clueless, party of one!

"And first, some straight talk for some, just some in the media because another right protected for all of us is freedom of the press, and you all have such important jobs reporting facts and informing the electorate, and exerting power to influence. You represent what could and should be a respected honest profession that could and should be the cornerstone of our democracy. Democracy depends on you, and that is why, that’s why our troops are willing to die for you. So, how ’bout in honor of the American soldier, ya quit makin’ things up. And don’t underestimate the wisdom of the people, and one other thing for the media, our new governor has a very nice family too, so leave his kids alone."

I think that you simply cannot have to many "could's" or "should's" in your speech, but that is just me. And as for the Sarah's request that the media "quit makin things up"? Well in Palin-land everyday is "opposite day" so what she is really asking is for the media to stop reporting those facts to the "electorate" which kept revealing her multiple lies to Alaska and the rest of the world. Sarah just hates that!

And as for Sean "Lapdog" Parnell, if he promises not to use his children to deflect criticism, or thrust them out in front of him ala "The Lion King" then he can rest assured NOBODY will say a thing about his children. Of course as you notice dear Sarah simply CANNOT resist now bringing his children into the limelight "also".

"I remember on that December day, we took the oath to uphold our state constitution, and it was written right here in Fairbanks by very wise pioneers. We shared the vision for government that they ground in that document. Our founders wrote “all political power is inherent in the people. All government originates with the people. It’s founded upon their will only and it’s instituted for the good of the people as a whole.” Their remarkably succinct words guided us in all of our efforts in serving you and putting you first, and we have done our best to fulfill promises that I made on Alaska Day, 2005, when I first asked for the honor of serving you."

But..and then you....and what about.....ethics......lies....promises? I simply cannot find the words to respond to this statement. I believe that if you took just this one section and had a Psychiatrist read it we could get Sarah committed. Just an idea.

"Let me tell you, Alaskans really need to stick together on this with new leadership in this area especially, encouraging new leadership… got to stiffen your spine to do what’s right for Alaska when the pressure mounts, because you’re going to see anti-hunting, anti-second amendment circuses from Hollywood and here’s how they do it. They use these delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets (Ashley Judd), they use Alaska as a fundraising tool for their anti-second amendment causes. Stand strong, and remind them patriots will protect our guaranteed, individual right to bear arms, and by the way, Hollywood needs to know, we eat, therefore we hunt."

Oooh, oooh I want to join a "circus from Hollywood"! That sounds like a ton of fun! I wonder if I have to "stiffen my spine" first?

"We eat, therefore we hunt" Sarah Palin.

"I think, therefore I am" Rene Descartes.

"She speaks gibberish, therefore she is Sarah Palin" Gryphen the pajama clad blogger.

"Since I was a little kid growing up here, I remember the discussions, especially the political discussions just talking about and hoping for and dreaming of commercializing our clean, abundant, needed natural gas."

Wow! So Palin was pro-development since she was a little kid? Gee when I was a little kid I was pro-cartoons on Saturday morning, and pro-chocolate cake for dinner, and pro-teasing my little brother. What a strange household Sarah must have grown up in.

"What I promised, we accomplished. “We” meaning state staff, amazing commissioners, great staff assisting them, and conscientious Alaskans outside the bureaucracy - Tom Van Flein, and Meg Stapleton and Kristan Cole, so many others, many volunteers who just stepped up to the challenge as good Alaskans, but nothing, nothing could have succeeded without my right-hand man Kris Perry (Kris Perry is a man!). She is the sharpest, boldest, hardest-working partner. Kris is my right-hand man and much success is due to Kris."

So let me get this straight. Sarah Palin's idea of "good Alaskans" are a lawyer who threatens to sue a private citizen for reporting that there is a rumor, a woman with no soul, a woman who helped set up an illegal fund to funnel cash to the Governor, and a woman whose invaluable advice allowed Sarah Palin to stand in front of television cameras as a "Turkey holocaust " took place behind her. Oh yes these are definitely MY definition of "good Alaskans".

I wonder if her definition of a "good child" is one who pees into the punchbowl during a dinner party?

"It doesn’t come free and often, accepting it takes away everything that is free, melting into Washington’s powerful “care-taking” arms will just suck incentive to work hard and chart our own course right out of us.."

Okay is it just me or does this section sound oddly sexual? Personally I am a little turned on by "Washington's powerful care taking arms" right now. Whew I am going to need a cigarette!

"I resisted the stimulus package and we have championed earmark reform, slashing earmark requests by 85% to break the cycle of dependency on a stifling, unsustainable federal agenda, and other states should follow this for their and for America’s stability."

Did she really just ask other states to follow HER example? "Yes other Governor's should quit their posts as well, to progress their states forward into being more independent of BIG GOVERNMENT". Oooh the crazy is strong in this one Obi wan.

Are those boos? Are they daring to boo the great Sarah Palin? Yep.

"Alaska will lead with energy, we will prove you can be both pro-development and pro-environment, because no one loves their clean air and their land and their wildlife and their water more than an Alaskan. We will protect it."

"Yeah those people in other states like DIRTY air, and roadkill, and filthy water! Oh we Alaskans are soooo much BETTER than they are!" I find this hysterical coming from a woman that we all know can hardly wait to get the hell out of Dodge. Clean air or not.

"Now, people who know me, and they know how much I love this state, some still are choosing not to hear why I made the decision to chart a new course to advance the state. And it should be so obvious to you. (indicating heckler) It is because I love Alaska this much, sir (at heckler) that I feel it is my duty to avoid the unproductive, typical, politics as usual, lame duck session in one’s last year in office. How does that benefit you? No, with this decision now, I will be able to fight even harder for you, for what is right, for truth. And I have never felt like you need a title to do that."

My understanding is that the heckler yelled "Why are you leaving?" To which Sarah responded with the gobbledy gook of it being to "help" Alaska. Well you can hardly argue that her leaving will not "help" Alaska. Because of course it will. But did she actually say she was going to fight for "truth"? Because wouldn't THAT be a nice change of pace.

"....remember I promised to steadfastly and doggedly guard the interests of this great state like that grizzly guards her cubs, as a mother naturally guards her own."

Oooh she is doing the mama grizzly thing. I LOVE the mama grizzly thing!

"And I will keep that vow wherever the road may lead. Todd and I, and Track, Bristol, Tripp, Willow, Piper, Trig…I think I got ‘em all.(Did she? Is that all of them? Let's see one, two, three, eight, yep that's all.....that we know of.) We will forever be so grateful for the honor of our lifetime to have served you."

Okay now we know how big of a lie THAT is. She had a horrible time as Governor, and after being out in front of those adoring mobs of crazy Palin supporters coming home has been like a jail sentence. And this is her final day in the poky.

So let’s all enjoy the ride, and I thank you Alaska, and God bless Alaska and God bless America.

And with that she disappeared into a puff of smoke leaving behind only a few winged monkeys and half of a charred broom. Okay I am just kidding, but seriously didn't it kind of feel that way?

So long Sarah! Have a good life! And please break your promises of helping Alaska, and America. No seriously! I would like you to focus on YOU for a change. (Hold in the giggles, hold them in.) We will be fine without your "leadership", just go out there and milk your fading fame for as much as you can before you disappear into the fog of American disinterest.

And when things get challenging just remember the words of the NEW face of the strong Alaskan woman, "Suck it up, Buttercup!"

(Okay before I end this post I have to give a HUGE hat tip to my friend AKM who stayed up late last night transcribing this word "fruit" salad for all of us to use in our posts this morning. Thank you AKM, I love you!)

32 comments:

  1. OMG you analysis was great. I listened to her give the speech "live", but was rolling on the floor laughing, trying to get through the junk salad of words she had thrown together. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a resident of Southern California (where OUR Republican governor enjoys melting into Washington’s powerful care-taking arms, and offered to take Alaska's share of the stimulus if Palin didn't want it), all I can say is "No!!!!! Please stay in Alaska!!!!" How else to express my emotion that the next place Palin is scheduled to surface is down here at the Reagan Library. I am SO not looking forward to seeing her face in my local paper in the days before. I am SO not looking forward to the photos of the earnest Simi Valley Republican women, dolled up to see their idol. Ack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, oh thank you Gryphen for this post. My new personal poster (can't decide where to put it) will be the "We eat, therefore .... ending with "She speaks gibberish, therefore she is Sarah Palin," (Gryphen, the pajama-clad blogger). Thanks to all of you (AKM,Shannyn, Celtic Diva, et al.) who kindly reported to those of us in the Lower 48 on yesterday's word salad speech. I actually bought a bottle of champagne (I never buy champagne, but hey, I thought the occasion warranted something more than my usual chardonnay), however, a fierce sick sinus headache descended upon me during the evening/night of Saturday and held me captive all day Sunday. I literally spent the day in my pj's, on the couch, taking meds, sleeping, reading the blogs, more meds, more sleeping, and more reading the blogs when you guys had updates. Maybe I will save my champagne for when some of the truth (I still think there is more to come) starts leaking about about the resignation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:53 AM

    What a great speech.

    Some day it will be chiseled in marble on a monument just like the Gettysburg address.

    I thought Sarah's PR flack Meg was incompetent, but Meg is a superstar compared to Sarah's speech writer.

    I enjoyed the BLAST Sarah got from Carl Bernstein this morning on Morning Joe. Gryphen, if you can post the video it would be good for others to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the Fairbanks picnic, both Meg Staplegun and Scarah's dad said that the Simi Valley speech is "not confirmed yet." WTF? It is approx. a week away, and tickets have been sold at $150 each. Announcements are everywhere. Why does this idiot (Palin) get away with this crap?
    I predict she will send a video tape and call it a day. Will Zeigler be upset if he does not get to see her in person? No press is allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that. I was talking back to her the whole time she was speechifying, but you are much funnier.

    Frankly, as a non-Alaskan who has lived in some great states with wonderful wildlife and clean air and hearty people (dare I say it, even Idaho) I found her Alaskan braggadocio highly offensive. I also found her preaching offensive. Could she be any more full of herself?

    Oh, and Sarah: I eat, therefore I'm a vegetarian. Although I do have lots and lots of guns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Daisydem, I agree about breaking out the champagne when some serious truth leaks out!
    I watched the speech on an MSNBC video clip on Huffington Post. One curious thing she said came just after the 8 minute mark. She's talking along and suddenly snaps "Got it" off to the side before continuing her speech. It reminded me of George Bush when he was struggling with using the voice in his ear during the 2004 campaign. So was Sarah speaking to a voice in her ear or to someone on stage? it seems hard to believe she could give a speech like that while being guided or cued by someone. Well, maybe someone was ticking off issues to be covered? I could imagine her having a checklist of items to be mentioned and she just sprinkled phrases from her repertoire around those items...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:42 AM

    This performance was the trash taking itself to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SoCalWolfGal9:45 AM

    Thanks Gryphen for this analogy of the final, official word salad by your former governor. I did watch it live on CNN, but when she started scolding the MSM and asking them to tell the truth and to leave Parnell's kids alone, I was looking around for something to throw at the television! I am sure Ashley Judd got a kick out of being referred to as a "delicate, tiny very talented celebrity". And just wonderin...when does the Alaska Trust Fund stop collecting donations?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gryphen, this was your finest ever. Thank you for all the work. I tried to read the words, but gave up in fear that I would lose my literacy.

    LET'S SING IT LOUD AND CLEAR
    Ding dong the witch is dead. She's gone where the gooblins go - below below.

    My new name is D.D. Twid.

    Love Livvy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:53 AM

    "...anti-second amendment circuses from Hollywood and here’s how they do it. They use these delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets..."
    -----

    Ah, yes, those delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets will try to pry the gun from Charleton Heston's cold dead hands.

    But I am still perplexed. How, how, I wonder did the North Koreans escape mention in the farewell address. Are the starlets (albeit tiny) a greater threat?

    Gryphen, please do a post on the things Palin OMITTED from the speech.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was reading some of the couplets in iambic pentameter. It was rather poetic nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that Alaska is finally free -- but not looking forward to having set loose down here in the lower 48 (except for the entertainment value she can provide - unfornuately I think she will be stroking the flames of hate way too much and that will far out weigh any entertainment value she may provide)

    I want to start a movement for the birthers to make Sarah Palin their leader -- together they can run for 2012 election -- that will put the stake in the dead heart of Republican party (hopefully) and definitely provide some entertainment too

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think she was trying to give a shout out put down to Ashley Judd, who so awesomely used Sarah Palin's aerial wolf hunting to raise funds for some type of animal rights or environmental cause. That is the only "Hollywood starlet" I ever remember directly doing that. Funny, but I don't even think Ashley actually lives in Hollywood. Sure, they all make fun of Sarah, but that has become a national past time. She's such any easy target.

    Anyway, I just want to thank you for all the hours of information and entertainment you have provided. The entire country owes all of you bloggers an enormous amount of gratitude for saving this country from the Alaska Disasta.

    Keep on rocking it Gryphen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how you guys do it. 1st you have to listen to the speech, bletch(sp?). Then transcribe it(AKM) - yuch headache. Then try to analyze it, interpret it, (outright throw chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Gryphen! Loved your comments. It was totally worth staying up until 4am for that alone. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Todd and I, and Track, Bristol, Tripp, Willow, Piper, Trig…I think I got ‘em all."...

    You sure did. Got 'em overexposed, over traveled, overworked and under supervised....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm annoyed at Sarah Palin and her attitude that Alaska should not accept stimulus money because of the strings attached(meaning Alaska will have to spend some money to get money)but, she has no problem at all accepting pork money because the rest of the US will pay for it!!!!!

    Does this really sound like a conservative or politics as usual???

    ReplyDelete
  19. She seemed awful rarrrr... a wee bitter? eeeps
    She's scary
    And the A. Judd comment.. tiny and delicate
    Way to try and demean her... I mean S.P. can skin a moose alive she's a real woman!
    Lordy me
    I see a little jealousy.. she was picking on her appearance .. mmm hmm jealousy
    She didn't talk about Letterman's appearance... or throw one at Shannyn Moore
    Oh S.P.. if you are reading this.. Ms. Judd looks so much nicer than you.. you may have Thor Thunder calves that look good with super high heels only.. but at least Ashley has a BUTT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11:22 AM

    @sjk

    you forgot one:...and impregnated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Thanks to all the Alaskan bloggers. Idk I could make any sense of Word Salad if not for Gryphen's analysis. I was not physically up to listening to her whole speech yesterday. The voice is unbearable. For some reason, I was able to look at what cee4pee was doing. I live close to Simi Valley. Near the ranch. I know some of the Republicans that would go. I know more that can't stand her.

    Cee4pee was not certain she would attend the Reagan Library. They don't know and are trying to learn if she will be there. Nothing new about another will she/won't she.
    Either way she does nothing wrong. It is all a reason to give her money. Sheesh! Those people are getting worked over by hacks and callous manipulating pros.

    Cut&paste from Gov Palin Picnic in Fairbanks----

    A. KentonAK, July 26, 2009 5:43 PM
    OT:

    I just received this personal email from Sarah:

    "I want to send you a quick note thanking you for your donation for my new PAC. Your help is essential to help fund my activities supporting Republican candidates and causes across this country.
    "With your help and support,we can turn this country of ours around."
    -Thank you and God Bless,Sarah
    (And yes,I DO know its a computer-generated response to my donation to SarahPAC today..But it was STILL great!)

    B. lmg, July 26, 2009 6:49 PM
    I just made another donation to SarahPAC, and I got a personal email from Sarah thanking me for my contribution. Wow, she really does know how to multitask! ;-)

    It is about giving to SarahPAC, not ATF, and get a personal email from Sarah. A personal computer generated response email. How glorious is that? I could almost kiss the hem of my idols garment but I will settle for crap.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous11:54 AM

    Thank you so much Gryphen for deconstructing her speech. I threw out so many four-letter words as I was watching it live that my entire family fled the room.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ella ... I interpret her 'have no plans' to mean only dumb clucks think she planned to make a speech in Simi Valley. Send the $150 to one of her ATM accounts. She clearly said she has no plans. If they are not paying her as she likes, why would she consider that to be her 'higher calling?' How often has she traveled to California? Isn't that hostile territory? Btw, has Nancy Reagan said she would be there? Palin's beloved idiots will understand why she would not go where delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets are. She thinks Ashley Judd is a starlet?

    Whatever she does, it is maverick to keep them quessing. Maverick is her claim to fame.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Support continues to grow for Sarah Palin For President in 2012 from conservatives across the nation who do not trust the GOP establishment. http://www.palin4pres2012.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous3:02 PM

    1:14 PM that is why she will fail. Ross Perot had to quit when they went after his children. Ron Paul is still around but not the force they once invested in. She is an epic fail like other renegade Republicans. Just because many fail to see it doesn't mean it is not fact. She can further divide the GOP. A new party will finish off the GOP. She can grow here and there with a gimmick, she is still a quitter and not in it for the long haul. Her tricks will hurt the GOP and they will have to deal with that. Her base are "birthers." Can she speak free on that? Palin and the robots have a mission to take on Obama, their "birther" scheme is front and center. If she starts on that, and says what she really feels, I'll say she has balls. The questions about her own "birther" situation has nothing to do with the baby. It is a matter of suspected fraud by adults that could be hurting a baby. A subject that is legitimate to discuss and to investigate. Meanwhile, she is going to go after the Democrats and "liberal media." ROTFL! She can't do anything right except to do some rock star spectacles and rile some crowds. That gets old fast. We can only hope Republicans continue to throw money away to places that will fail such as pee4pee12.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous6:12 PM

    Wow! That's all I can muster after reading this. I really don't find it that difficult though. I see Obama's long, political, and communist arm has reached so far up your A$$e$ it has reached your brains. Sarah Palin may not be the next president of the United States, but she will have an influence on it's direction. MANY are backing her. I give her Kudos for everything she stands for.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous7:20 PM

    William cee4pee will be attacking everything Obama and carry on the name calling, communist and all. I don't have a problem with that. I hope they also send more money to her. This is America and it's great they have that freedom. Names become meaningless when over used, especially when it is not even correct to start. The students I know study what communism actually is. It was more than a word to toss around. Today it makes people sound trite and obsolete. You need to be more precise or it sounds like uneffective programed propaganda.

    There will always be a certain number of U.S. citizens who a Palin type will influence their direction. That is old news. She will have that backing. It may be 2% by now and shrinking. She quit her bully pulpit and the Republicans that don't want to go down with her will soon enough take her out unless they can use her for a forever rock star attraction. All the better that her people do the communist and Obama routine. Bad strategy for them in the long run. Again they won't know what hit them and you will hear whine and blame time and again. Please, back her, send money and kudos. Go ahead and fatten the pig. It will be delicious.

    We are all waiting to see every tiny thing she does as a political operative. Her business is politics whether she is able to hold an office or not. She has failed but she is still in the political game. Saying she is to be treated only as a private citizen now is a mistake. It is good the cee4pee will never understand that. Let her play her game the way she does, she is her own worst enemy. She does not have one friend that will sit her down and tell her the facts of life.

    How much influence will she maintain without her bully pulpit? Quitters do lose. If you buy into the moving into a new direction all the better for now. Send her more money and keep doing what you do. I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you are doing.

    I am told she can't last in rehab for over 5 days. I think she can make it through a 28 day program. They will no doubt let her tweet before that, jk.

    ReplyDelete
  28. After a minute or so, I decided that the best way to honor SP was to emulate her. So, I watched the speech the same way she watched Tina Fey--with the sound off!

    "Okay is it just me or does this section sound oddly sexual?"

    I dunno. Is it just *me*, or does she look at times like she's having "the big O," if you know what I mean?

    You could practically see the dollar signs in her eyes. Sadly, Simi Valley is pretty close to Hollywood. She may not be welcome there.

    Goodbye Sarah. And thank you for leaving Alaska's wildlife to people who think it should be, you know, live and not shot.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous9:14 PM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdqRbWYWbU

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sarah quitting is going to hurt her credibility. How is quitting admirable? And the reason the press jumped all over her is politicians are supposed to act professional. Not folksy. Sure she might of had a following. But she better wise up or she will fall real hard. I don't think folksy is the majority in 2009. Great blog. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous9:43 AM

    I listened. to every word. And when I was done I wanted to shove sharp pencils in my ears. How is it that none of you Alaskans havent, well, havent?
    Please for the good of the lower 48 PLEASE keep her up there. I beg you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous12:05 AM

    The Republican Women Federated of Simi Valley is celebrating it's 50 anniversary. They are not paying Palin a speaking fee. They will pay for her airfare, hotel and dinner.(I wonder if they will pay for her family too) The gala is invite-only. Tickets are $100 for members and $150 for invited nonmembers.

    The spokeswoman Pat Saraceno called Palin "noble" and said she's an "amazing human being whose
    aspirations are simply to bring out the best in people." She said both Palin and the Republican Women Federated of Simi Valley are very supportive of the troops.

    The group said that she agreed to speak at the event. I wonder if they will still think she is noble if she flakes out again?

    As for Nancy Reagan she rarely comes out to Simi Valley. They make most of there money renting the library out at least twice a month. Anyone with a lot of money can have some kind of event there, mostly Republicans. We have had stupid people here like Ms. Rice and Mr. Huckabee and now maybe Palin.
    I wish Regan had put his library somewhere else. Why Simi Valley because he made some stupid cowboy movies here?

    ReplyDelete

Don't feed the trolls!
It just goes directly to their thighs.